Main Menu

Door inserts plastidipped

Started by dave73, August 29, 2018, 11:29:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

So my door inserts were the original wood grain and the last part of my interior that I was not visually pleased with. I've seen the carbon fiber overlays and they are nice but I didn't want to take my door panels off, not did I want to overlay my standard gauge cluster to match. So instead I used some black plastidip, which can easily be peeled off if it didn't look right. Because of its ability to peel, you can spray over the chrome accent then peel it after. My inserts weren't perfect but I love the look and took me literally 30 mins from start to finish!

Cuda Cody

I like the wood look best, but yours turned out very nice.

Burdar

With the standard gauge cluster and no console, I can see how the woodgrain looks out of place.  I probably would have done something similar.  If the woodgrain starts to curl on the edges, you can always peel that off and spray the plasti-dip right on the bezel itself.  I found that a steam cleaner really helps with removing the old woodgrain.

RUNCHARGER

That looks pretty good actually.
Sheldon

Katfish

I'm not a wood grain fan, I like it!

YellowThumper

Very cool going to keep that info for possible future trial.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

kawahonda

Nothing wrong with tasteful mods.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

61K T/A

I don't like the look of wood in a performance car. But wood has it's place. Inserts look good!