Main Menu

Door Panel Cleaning?

Started by Floyd, April 17, 2019, 10:41:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Any recommendations for cleaning/restoring interior door panels, seat backs, etc?  Is there any way to bring back a uniform luster through a cleansing technique or some type of chemical treatment.  Not looking for the Armorall solution, although I've used Vinylex with some limited improvement in the past.  I'm guessing there's no magic bullet, or Metro wouldn't be in business..  Does pressure washing work at all?
Thanks

Burdar

If you can't find a better solution, SEM Landau black is the paint you want.  Use their adhesion promoter followed by the Landau black.  Spray in light mist coats.  It will look very good and hard to tell that it's been painted.

Here are my A-pillar trim pieces.  One has been sprayed with Landau black and the other has not.

1 Wild R/T

Agreed, Scrub all you want but in the end SEM Landau Black is the best solution... Mist on light coats...

anlauto

These guys beat me to it...I agree 1000% SEM Landau Black :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

PLUM72

I suppose it depends on how bad the panels are.  Scrub with your favorite all purpose cleaner (Meguiars APC or Optimum Power Clean) and a soft bristle brush.  Then I like to top coat with 303 Aerospace protectant.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Aerospace-Protectant-Furniture/dp/B000XBCURW

-Dave
'72 Challenger
'13 Challenger