Main Menu

fixing seats and dashpads with all that stuff

Started by ogre, October 02, 2022, 01:27:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ogre

While on my never ending search for parts for my challenger, I saw multiple sites with leather/plastic repair putty, and sheets with a grain matching tool. Anybody ever try any of that snake oil stuff. I imagine patching a stable surface like a dash would have a better chance than say a ripped seat. With dash pads running over 1k, and backordered if I had one with very minor issues I would like to know if there was an inexpensive way to fix it.

Thanks
ogre.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

moparroy

I did use vinyl repair on a couple small spots on my dash and damage on the side of the rear seat (ie not very visible)..
Looks ok. I'm good with it but the black is not quite the same.

Mr Cuda

I had a product  that came in tub, and you could  trowel it out, and cure with a heat gun.
It had reverse pattern imprint sheets and  of course,  none that matched.
I would  say it was a success for puncture damage,  or maybe small  cracks from the speaker grill.
I was all in trying to repair large cracks that had curled  up, and no, won't fill them. That was years ago.
Maybe I'd do better now..
Plus, it would require spraying the entire cover to get the sheen and blend right.