Main Menu

Glove box liner install

Started by Finoke, July 29, 2018, 02:20:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Finoke

Can someone let me know the steps in putting a glove box liner in my challenger. It's been awhile since I did a liner and the car I'm working on now came without one installed.
Thanks
Tom

CudaMoparRay

Not detailed but quick and dirty from Just Dashes:
The glove box liner is retained with 6 Phillips head screws. Remove them and drop the liner out from the bottom. This car is equipped with an aftermarket A/C unit, so we disconnected the hose fittings from the dash where required.
Just do the opposite.

73chalngr

My glove box was into pieces.  If I remember correctly the bottom half was held in with screws and a top half rested on that with some kind of metal Z clips and you slip it in from the bottom where the heater box is

Finoke

Finoke

I put it i today. It only took 10 minutes. 6 screws. Two top, two bottom and one on each side. Glove box door stays on. Bottom of insert slides under the hinged area. Top of insert sits on top flange of opening.  :banana:

screamindriver

Nice car...I'm not sure which radio you have but the am 8 track would have an amplifier that gets mounted to the glove box liner..And from the detail department : I've seen a bunch of original liners have been signed by assembly line workers with a white chalk..I try to duplicate what I find if possible..And even throw in a copy of the broadcast sheet {on top of the liner}now and then for the added touch...

JunkYardFind

Quote from: screamindriver on August 03, 2018, 08:04:09 PM
Nice car...I'm not sure which radio you have but the am 8 track would have an amplifier that gets mounted to the glove box liner..And from the detail department : I've seen a bunch of original liners have been signed by assembly line workers with a white chalk..I try to duplicate what I find if possible..And even throw in a copy of the broadcast sheet {on top of the liner}now and then for the added touch...

@Finoke
Any tips on how you installed? Gonna replace mine in a couple days. Thanks

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?