Main Menu

Headliner differences in a 4 vs 5 bow

Started by Fastmark, May 16, 2019, 02:53:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Fastmark

So I'm working on a customers car. It's a 70 challenger. It has a five bow headliner that is poorly done. Imagine my surprise when I rip out the old one and find four 71 up bows and one 70 bow that is secured with some funky generic clips. This top has been replaced with a 74 top! I can see where they welded it in at front and rear seams. He has already supplied me with a brand new Legendary 5 bow for this "70" that he has. My question is simple. Can I just order the 71 5 bow headliner bows and make this thing work? It has all the right holes. Is the spacing the same for 70 vs 71 5 bow? Thanks guys.

anlauto

I would think you would need to order a 4 bow headliner to match the roof of the car or be prepared to modify the roof to accept 5 bows.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

All the holes are there just like in a 71 so I hope I can order the 71 bows and install it. I'll call legendary on Monday. It's a typical working on a 50 year old car that someone else has hacked together. I told the customer" this is why I bought a service manual and started working on my own cars. I got tired of having crappy work done on my cars. The things I can't do, I hire good people and pay them to do a good job."