Main Menu

Heater box Issues Non AC

Started by SFEBODY, July 04, 2017, 07:10:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SFEBODY

I have a 70 Challenger that the heater box is hanging down and the gasket on the passenger side is about 7/16 inch from touching.
What I mean after installing it, it will not fit flush at the top of the car metal. It hangs almost like the weight of it pulls it down away from the cowl.
Picture Heater 1 up tight with it propped up. Picture 2 without anything holding it up.

I tightened the 3 nuts buy the heater blower motor while bracing up the box on they inside but it still hangs down  when I pull the brace out.

Any suggestion???

JS29

There is A J-hook missing! straight up up from the lever and cable. the hook go's inside and A bolt go's through the hole. leave it loose, install heater box and then tighten up the hook. A factory service manual will show it, if you don't have one I would suggest getting one. they have them on C-D so you don't have to be as careful as with A book. good luck and happy 4th of July.   Mark. 

Bullitt-

Your missing the J-hook that pulls the r/h duct up

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

JS29

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  @SFEBODY  that is all you are missing and that will solve your problem.  That "J" hook is often missing.

You can make your own like @Bullitt-  did or they are reproduced.  @MoparDave  sells them and will give you the E-Bodies.org discount.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/heater-box-j-bolt-70-74-e-body/products_id/9670

Bullitt-

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 04, 2017, 08:58:57 AM
:iagree:  @SFEBODY  that is all you are missing and that will solve your problem.  That "J" hook is often missing.

You can make your own like @Bullitt- 
Didn't notice it wasn't an OE style J-hook ..Not my doings, just a picture I found on the www 
I suppose that would work though 

SFEBODY

Thanks Gentlemen, this is great   I appreciate the help

anlauto

Never knew that was reproduced...amazing  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: Those suckers run for the hills when you aren't looking.
Sheldon