Main Menu

Heater control nut removal

Started by nsmall, September 17, 2017, 04:59:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take off these three nuts?

Thanks

Roadman

Socket that fits, lefty lucy. They are thread cutters, be careful.   :alan2cents:        :rebelflag"

Cuda Cody

Are they threaded on?  It's been awhile since I've taken one off, but I thought they were just pushed on with the one way teeth that holds them on?  :notsure:

anlauto

They just push on. If you really need them off you can pry up on the sides to release the "teeth"  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

HEMICUDA

Let me guess, you have the new heater bezel Tony's Parts made and they're not on it.  Pry it up around the perimeter, it will come off.  I've done several on some of my cars to use on Tony's rally dash heater bezel which is a really nice piece.  Or, call Tom at R/T Specialties, he has new ones.

nsmall

I bought mine from David at Roseville.  I just skipped putting them on the fan control switch as the screws went in just fine but I did need them for the other deal where there was a moving part.

My only issue now is how to match up the two pieces of trim texture as they look quite different. It doesn't matter though really has anything is better than what I have.