Main Menu

Heater controls vacuum lines

Started by blown motor, April 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

What is the white thing in the picture? Is that on the main line supplying the vacuum? Where does the supply line go through the firewall? 74 Challenger. I'm trying to get all this stuff working. @BIGSHCLUNK doesn't like driving it in the pouring rain with this not working and the windshield steams up.  :vipermanhiding:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JS29

:thinking: That could be a check valve, one way valve.  :alan2cents:

Rich G.

On my 73 cuda there is a big rubber plug right below the a/c box with the vacuum hose through the center of it. 3 big holes in the firewall. One for the blower motor hose, one for the vacuum hose and one for the drain tube.

blown motor

What are these two things? Low on the firewall below the ECU.

BIGSHCLUNK

The lower pic looks like some type of blower venting/recirculating. That being said. Nothing like driving a friends car and you cant see anything going down the road. Get that thing fixed, we dont want to hit anything,  :stop: 

:rofl:

Rich G.

That's what I was talking about. The middle one is the plug the vacuum hose goes through. The other one should have a 90 degree drain hose on it.

blown motor

Cool. The 90 on the drain one is gone due to age induced metal deterioration.  :-[ The centre one has the vacuum line broke off inside the plug also, I expect, from age induced deterioration. At least now I know what I'm dealing with, so much for that. If anyone can help me out on the wiring issue, in another thread, I would be so grateful. Oh, @BIGSHCLUNK I'll have this working right for you for the next time.  :D

blown motor

@Rich G. the vacuum line then goes onto one of the ports on the front of the carb doesn't it?

blown motor

Disregard that. I found where it goes on the fitting coming off the intake.

screamindriver

At least you have the rubber grommet still there for the hose to pass through..If need be I'd open it up enough to get your new vacuum hose through it and route it over to the manifold vacuum tree..

blown motor

Quote from: screamindriver on April 17, 2020, 09:09:03 PM
At least you have the rubber grommet still there for the hose to pass through..If need be I'd open it up enough to get your new vacuum hose through it and route it over to the manifold vacuum tree..

I got it done. Drilled the grommet the same size as the hose, put a little oil on the hose and was able to work it through with a nice tight fit. Should be good to go but haven't tested any of it yet. Have to figure out why I have no power at the blower motor.