Main Menu

Hood release location?

Started by nsmall, February 19, 2018, 04:11:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

So my hood release has a curve to it yet I don't see exact location of where to mount it.

Does it mount to the area were there holes underneath the left side of the dash frame?

Thanks in advance

Neil

anlauto

That's not a factory E Body part, so you're just going to have to make it fit somewhere  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

Thanks Alan.  Kind of the theme of this build.   :bye:

So it should mount somewhere on the dash frame?  Like as far to the right as I can get it?

THANKS

CudaMoparRay

[quote So it should mount somewhere on the dash frame?  Like as far to the right as I can get it?
[/quote]

Did you do this yet?
I'm thinking of doing something similar when installing my inside cabin hood release upgrade on mine.

1 Wild R/T

Usually tucked in pretty tight to the kick panel...

Chryco Psycho

I would mount it using one of the factory dash holes as far Left as possible without interfering with the park brake

nsmall

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 25, 2018, 05:26:57 PM
I would mount it using one of the factory dash holes as far Left as possible without interfering with the park brake

Thats what I did.  Hood opens fine and I can get to the ebrake so time to move on to the 101 other items on the list.  Thanks

@CudaMoparRay   If you want a pic I will post some.

tman

Id like to upgrade mine too. Have pics of routing from interior to  latch? Thanks

CudaMoparRay

@nsmall If you could post some pics would be great. Thanks

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on February 19, 2018, 05:02:40 PM
That's not a factory E Body part, so you're just going to have to make it fit somewhere  :alan2cents:
You sure about that? Looks identical to the one in my '73.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

nsmall

@tman @dodj @CudaMoparRay @Burdar

This is my first build so don't go by my pictures but this is what I came up with...

tman

Burdar

I found this link when looking for a picture of the correct location.(my car doesn't have a cable)

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/remote-hood-latch-cable.12201/

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: tman on February 27, 2018, 01:35:39 AM
Thanks for the follow up

:iagree: Yes, thanks for the pics, gives us a good indication on what to do.

nsmall

@CudaMoparRay @tman

Check out the link Burdar sent....https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/remote-hood-latch-cable.12201/

This makes more sense and I will post pics once I remount the actual handle as it looks like it will fit in the area the guy on forebodies posted in the link above.