Main Menu

Inner Door Rods For the Door Handle And Lock For 71 Challenger

Started by Daveh, August 16, 2017, 02:09:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some pictures of all of the rods for the door locks, handle and interior locks, for both doors.  I got the car without them and I have a couple but not all.  So I would love to see what I need in pictures.  I have the body service manual but it doesn't illustrate most of the rods.  I know it's a tight spot but some pictures would be awesome.  Thanks

Dave

Cuda Cody

Next time I take a door apart I will lay them all out and label them.  That way we have a photo.  I know that does not help you know, but I don't have a door apart right now.   :sorry:

Shane Kelley

I have some random pics. Maybe you can use something from them.

Daveh

Great pics Thanks.  Can you tell me if there are two long rods in the drives door?  I only have one but the passenger side has two of them.  Thanks

cudaized

Two long rods. One is longer then the other. One for door handle. One of the door lock. Both are in a textile (thread, burlap, etc.) sheath that allow movement of the rod.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Daveh on August 17, 2017, 06:31:31 AM
Great pics Thanks.  Can you tell me if there are two long rods in the drives door?  I only have one but the passenger side has two of them.  Thanks
These pics are of driver side door. I think the sheathing is more for rattle control than sliding. But it does make them slide better where they are tight running behind the window track bracket.

Daveh

Daveh

So I think I figured out my list of rods that I need.  I've listed them below if anyone has them that would be great.

(1) Drivers side longer rod that goes from the inside lock of the door to the latch.
(2) short rods that go from the latch to the lock cylinder
(2) rods that go from the latch to the door handle.  The ones that opens the door.

Let me know if anyone has them.  Thanks

Aar1064

More pics.

Shane Kelley

Looks like you have it figured out. If I had one I would send it to you but don't. I think the only ones they reproduce is the small one that goes to lock cylinder. Sorry! Somebody will have one on here I'm sure.  If not MoparDave can probably locate you one.

Daveh

Those pics are perfect.  You're right on the repro's.  Hopefully someone here will have some if not I will ask Dave when he gets back from vacation.  Thanks

Mickm

Daveh,
I have a set of the rods and plastic retainer bushings that go down from the door handle to the latch.

Let me know if you want them.

Cheers!
Mickm