Main Menu

Interior Screw Kits

Started by TWS, November 05, 2022, 05:43:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TWS

Interior screw kits, have they improved at all?  Does everybody carry the same kits still?  Seeking information on the most accurate screw kits out there.  Thanks!

anlauto

I've never come across a "perfect" kit....most are 70/30 as far as accuracy in my opinion :alan2cents: Tom Race was putting some decent kits together :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

TWS

Is everyone selling the same inaccurate kits these days?

69BFan

As Alan stated, the available kits are basically generic fasteners that can be sourced through the larger hardware vendors.  Much of the more odd ball fasteners is beginning to dry up quickly.  Auveco has acquired CarPac and dropping some of the older hardware.  AMK is running out of the NOS hardware that they have and they have increased the pricing on some pieces by a significant amount.  At this point, I do not see anyone tooling up to do some of the more unique pieces just due to the large quantities required to do a run and the cost associated with tooling.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

I actually don't use the kits, I have a large supply of fasteners on hand so I usually find something that looks correct and works,,,HOWEVER I just order a 70 Charger interior screw kit because of this thread....I would like to see what they are like :thinking: :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration