Main Menu

Interior screw kits

Started by Mopar5, June 13, 2023, 12:30:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar5

Anyone know of a comprehensive screw kit with everything you need for the interior including gauges and dash trim for a 70 Challenger?

toadstool

I thought Classic carries them, ironically I thought I saw a set at the booth for Mopar Alley show over the weekend. They seem to run about $70 for the set as I recall. I suspect other vendors also carry them. The downside is that they may not carry the exact screw head and length that replicate the originals so you may get something close but not necessarily exact
70 Cuda Convertible

anlauto

Yes, I agree, don't expect perfection out of any of these kits. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2023, 05:41:16 PM
Yes, I agree, don't expect perfection out of any of these kits. :alan2cents:
But they are a good way to get everything attached, and it helps you determine which of your originals go where.

But I do agree. I used one of those kits. The fasteners look less 'finished' or 'sharp' as originals. I slowly replaced a lot of them as I found or acquired original factory screws
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Floyd

I bought a dash hardware kit from a well known Mopar fastener vendor.  While the kit is straight forward, we'll organized and thorough, almost every piece was off when compared to the original fasteners.  The head size and shape, thread count, and in some cases finish were not as original.  I'm sure they would work and most all of them are not visible when installed.  The price was reasonable as well.

I ended up not using any of the kit fasteners and sourced almost everything I needed individually from AMK. Their hardware was far superior and a much closer match.  It was definitely more expensive and more tedious, but that's part of the fun right?  😂

Mopar5

Thank you  everyone for the replies. One other question is why are most of these kits labeled non AC? Seems to me they should be close to the same?

Floyd

I've never had an a/c car but I'm guessing the dash vents, control panel, and under dash venting requires additional hardware.

Mopar5

Thank you, that makes sense.