Main Menu

Interior Trim Installation

Started by Claudia, September 01, 2017, 08:33:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

More specifically . . . does anyone know or even better, have pictures of how the metal headliner / roof rail trim pieces are installed?  I know on the front edge there is one screw that goes through the metal trim piece and then through the plastic a-pillar trim piece and then into the car body but I am looking for how the clips are installed into the car?  How many clips are needed?  Where are they placed on the trim piece?  Any information is appreciated!

Cuda Cody

The clips that slide in the trim that goes on the inside drip rail are sometimes a little hard to find.  But once you have them just slide them in to the channel of the trim and push them in to place.  They go on pretty easy.

Claudia

I think I have 8-10 of these clips but I am not sure how many go on each trim piece or where they should go on the trim piece meaning how far apart they should be spaced?  Once the clips are installed onto the trim piece does it just slide up into place meaning that the body pinch weld sits inside of the clip where the red arrows are pointing?  :notsure:

Shoooter

RUNCHARGER

There's about 5 each side and yes they just slide up into the pinch weld with moderate pressure.
Sheldon

Claudia

Thank you all for the information! 
I ended up installing four clips per side and that seemed to be more than enough to hold it into place.

HP_Cuda

Sweet, you answered one of my questions.

Maybe I need to find some more of those clips.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

You can get away with three per side...it's not going anywhere :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

HP_Cuda

I think I still have them but I pulled them off when I was media blasting them.

:deadhorse:

Claudia

I may have a couple extra clips (if you are interested) if my buddy doesn't end up needing them.

HP_Cuda

Thanks for offering, let me look and I'll get back to ya.