Main Menu

Issue with new repop center console

Started by shadango, July 24, 2019, 09:27:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

shadango

So while I was at Carlisle this year, I saw that Tonys Parts was offering repop center consoles for $260.

I was interetsed, since my console is actually a pieced together affair from a few different consoles I got when I was first putting the car together 10 years ago.....and recently I broke a section of that skinny part on the drivers side next to the gear shift....

Well, I went back to my tent to consider and ended up googling it....

Found that Classic had one that could be shipped to my home for just around $230. Mopar licensed etc.

GREAT! I love saving money.

It came the other day....and there is a depression or "divot" in the plastic...pretty deep, if not huge as far as size....my eye goes right to it.......my original pieces dont have it so I know its not "supposed" the be there.

I contacted Classic via email and am waiting to see what they are gonna do....

Anyone run into this with the repops?

Cuda Cody

That's one of the reasons I love buying in person as shows like Carlisle so I can put my eyes on it first and know what I'm buying.

I'm sure they will take care of it, but it's time and a hassle.

anlauto

That looks like the screw from the underside was over tightened @TONY what do you think ?   

I'm you can return it to Classic ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

VCODE

And how much did you pay for shipping from Classic? I would think more than $30.00
Did Tony have them at Carlisle.
Bob

anlauto

Yup I bought a 70 4 speed one off of Tony at Carlisle  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

QuoteAnd how much did you pay for shipping from Classic? I would think more than $30.00

QuoteFound that Classic had one that could be shipped to my home for just around $230.

Sounds like $230 was the price shipped to his house.

QuoteThat's one of the reasons I love buying in person as shows like Carlisle so I can put my eyes on it first and know what I'm buying.

:iagree:  I bought a console from Tony at the Mopar Nationals.  I brought the box back to my truck and opened it immediately.  There was a flaw in the console so I took it right back.  They said sometimes there is an issue with the consoles when they get pulled out of the mold.  They exchanged it for another one.

Spikedog08

Yeah that would bother me for sure!   :unbelievable:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Burdar

Check the fitment of your top plate at the back.  That can be an issue as well.

kawahonda

The console lid is full of flaws too and I wash I hadn't of bought it. stay original when it comes to consoles and lids!
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

JS29

I bought a console lid from @TONY the only thing that i had to do was fabricate a small piece of sheet metal for the lock mechanism. fit and texture and function were grate.    :alan2cents:   

TONY

Quote from: Burdar on July 24, 2019, 12:22:10 PM
Check the fitment of your top plate at the back.  That can be an issue as well.

Just like many originals do,
but its even worse with a reproduction top plate

im sorry about any flaws in the consoles, if it was bought from me i can take care of it, but if not then youll have to go to your point of purchase for an exchange

start looking at originals for flaws too. theyre there, but most dont look for them as much.
there were at least 4 generations of e-body console molds. theyre all very similiar but have some very minor differences. like most parts do.

youd be surprised the variances between original parts, especially when your comparing a bunch of them to each other.  and you can usually find text like "rev #" "mold #"   or the like indicating the different castings, plus different vendor codes too. 

what ive learned is never describe a parts differences with 1 broad stroke

Burdar

Quotethere is a depression or "divot" in the plastic...pretty deep, if not huge as far as size....my eye goes right to it

Your eye goes right to it because you're looking at it in perfect lighting with the reflection right on the defect.  Put it in the car and see if it still jumps out at you. :alan2cents:

TONY

hi Shadango

we sell our 71-4 auto consoles for $250 each

Classic list them for $259.99

with one of their 20% off deals comes out to $208 + shipping, which would be over $30 probably closer to $40 to the east coast

so that sounds like closer to $240 or $250.
im just asking to see what Classic is offering.
are you ok with posting the part of your invoice that shows the total paid for your order (without showing any personal info)

thank you

VCODE

Quote from: TONY on July 24, 2019, 02:08:43 PM
hi Shadango

we sell our 71-4 auto consoles for $250 each

Classic list them for $259.99

with one of their 20% off deals comes out to $208 + shipping, which would be over $30 probably closer to $40 to the east coast

so that sounds like closer to $240 or $250.
im just asking to see what Classic is offering.
are you ok with posting the part of your invoice that shows the total paid for your order (without showing any personal info)

thank you

Tony,
I needed to get something from Classic once and the last time. The shipping was $40.00 for a small box under 2 lbs.
I needed to call then 3 times to get my $20.00 back. Never again
Bob   

TONY

Bob

thank you!
youre a long time and much appreciated customer.
were always happy to try and help you get the parts you need

thanks again