Main Menu

Last post on Hardboard headliner

Started by jlemler, January 31, 2021, 11:59:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jlemler

I will never, ever, ever ask a question about the hardboard headliner ever again.  I am on the home stretch.  The old original is coming down and the shop is putting a new fiberglass one in this week.  The fiberglass one was made by SEheadliners and is great.  It came with the fabric already on it.  I highly recommend it.  Very easy to work with return emails and phone calls no problem.  Answered questions no problem.  RT specialties help with the question about clips to hold the console to the headliner.  The clips and bolts are the same and used in the front grill on the 70 Cuda.  Who knew.

So by this time next week my cuda with the gran coupe interior will have had all the wiring in the car replace and the headliner installed and I cannot be happier.

RusTy/SE

All I know about the Gran Coupe headliners from my experiences tracking pieces and parts for my own is that they are harder to come across than the one for the Challenger - impossible as it seems. Glad you are able to move past that rabbit hole :pullinghair:

Russ :cheers:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

screamindriver

How accurate is the pre applied fabric ??? Doe's it match your console ?? Post pics when you have the time please..

cuda hunter

Yes, please post detailed pictures. 

No need for this post to be your last post about the headliner.  The more info the merrier! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

moonshine_mike

Do you still have the original headliner board?

RacerX

Good to see more positive feedback about seheadliners.com.  I need one for my 70 SE and it is a choice
between them and Dayclona.

Everyone raved about that Dayclona guy but he seems to be quite reclusive and full of himself.  The one
time I was able to get a response out of him it didn't inspire much confidence.   I'd prefer to deal with
someone that is actually interested in having my business and I am not going to spend all of my time chasing
you down to give you my money.

Sounds like SEheadliners may have the superior product at this point anyway because theirs includes the
fabric already applied.

jlemler

Yes, I do have the original headliner.