Main Menu

Lower door panel reflector assembly restore

Started by Banana, April 25, 2022, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Banana

Anyone ever remove/restore/replace their door panel reflectors?

Assume the bezels are pot metal ? The lenses are probably have hot melt pins on the back side of the bezel

Looks like they flared/mushroomed hollow pins coming off the bezels. Any suggestions to remove them and be able to somehow re-install and fasten?

Could be a challenging project...........

Yeya93

i restored mine. i just ended up making a little puddle on the back of the board and epoxied the reflectors onto the board from the back.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Banana

Thanks Yeya,

Might you have some pix of the disassembled assembly?

Did you have the bezels rechromed?

Any details on the plastic reflector? How did you reinstall that on the bezel if you removed it?

Yeya93

I don't have any pictures of it disassembled unfortunately. from what I remember, the reflector is held onto the chrome by like a push in tab where it is held into place onto the chrome piece. I don't think it was salvageable, so i grinded it off. once they were rechromed, i simply just pushed the reflector back into place onto the chrome piece, and epoxied it. Then i created a puddle onto the wooden piece where the Chrome attaches to, and also epoxied the chrome to the piece where your picture shows it is attached to.

Yeya93

I only have pictures of my final restoration product

Floyd

Here's a pic of a the backside of a loose reflector.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Banana

Yes, beautiful panel

Thanks guys for the pictures........very helpfull

Yeya93

@anlauto @banana thank y'all very much. I just can't wait to install these into my car. but no telling when that will be. lol