Main Menu

newer seats in a 70

Started by Cratos, July 11, 2018, 07:06:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cratos

Has anyone put 2011+ seats in a 70? if so what kind of wiring nightmare to hook up the power seats?

dave73

Get a hold of the dimensions and do a lot of measuring before you attempt. Some modern seats require modifications to the floors to fit. I was going the route of putting 04 GTO seats in mine, and ran into so many issues I just went back to stock.

Cratos

Ok thanks sounds like I'll just redo the stockers

RUNCHARGER

The stock seats look the best anyway. A lot of seats are not as narrow as the stockers, height off the floor can be a problem as well.
Sheldon

Cratos

yea I just like the feel of the ones in my 2012

RUNCHARGER

The new stuff is more comfortable and have better support for sure.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

I really wish Legendary or TMI would step up & offer redesigned foam & covers with more support built into them like TMI does for Mustangs & Camaro and Legendary did for 68 Chargers.....  The E body seats could work & look allot better than they do....  Charger seat standard & modified shown below..

If legendary can do Charger seats why not E body?

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 11, 2018, 10:48:20 AM
I really wish Legendary or TMI would step up & offer redesigned foam & covers with more support built into them like TMI does for Mustangs & Camaro and Legendary did for 68 Chargers.....  The E body seats could work & look allot better than they do....  Charger seat standard & modified shown below..

If legendary can do Charger seats why not E body?
Man that would be nice! You can make the E bodies handle nice but can't stay in the seat. That would definitely resolve the problem.

7212Mopar

I got the Scat Procar Ellite in black vinyl. They are comfortable, back can recline and better support all around.  All manual no fancy inflatable support bolsters. It is just slightly wider than the stock seat but you can still reach the seat belt by the side. The material and finish is just ok and the leather version is too expensive. You need their adapter or you can make your own.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1100-51r/overview/
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Cratos

how are theses on long trips?

Brads70

I used Hyundai Tiburon seats in mine $30 each at the wrecking yard . Canadian funds even!  :haha:

Pictures in this post....
https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/modern-seats-in-e-body/6473/msg91173#msg91173

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: Brads70 on July 11, 2018, 01:00:05 PM
I used Hyundai Tiburon seats in mine $30 each at the wrecking yard . Canadian funds even!  :haha:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/modern-seats-in-e-body/6473/msg91173#msg91173
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK !  :ohyeah:  :ohyeah:

I will say NIKKI's seat's  not comfortable at all. I rode in Nina ( @blown motor ) those were way better.  Added foam I was told.  :bradsthumb:

blown motor

True. I took them to a furniture upholsterer and had him put more foam in.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

7212Mopar

Never driven the car more than an hour but ok for me so far.  I am not a big person but overweight for sure.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Brads70

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on July 11, 2018, 02:36:32 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on July 11, 2018, 01:00:05 PM

I LIKE THE WAT YOU THINK !  :ohyeah:  :ohyeah:

I will say NIKKI's seat's  not comfortable at all. I rode in Nina ( @blown motor ) those were way better.  Added foam I was told.  :bradsthumb:

Ya once I got mine to handle the stock seats definitely needed to go!  These are really nice on long trips even!