Main Menu

Nupar Horn Button for Tuff Wheel

Started by 1 Wild R/T, August 08, 2018, 10:55:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

I recently changed out my rim blow wheel for a leather wrapped tuff wheel.....  I wanted something nicer then the plastic cap that is standard.... I knew Mickm had been offering a pretty slick cap through his Nupar venture.... I contacted him & got one ordered.... Very nice piece, high quality but honestly for my needs I felt it was a little to modern.... So I contacted Mike again & asked about getting a second center button so I could have it powder coated in a textured coating... I'm sure Mike could have had the powder coating done local but I have a guy who's done allot of powder for me through the years & he knew exactly what I wanted.....   After it was powder coated I returned it to Mike & he had the Challenger logo etched into the cap & returned it to me... Very pleased with the result & Mike is super to deal with... He returns emails, he keeps you informed on whats going on..... Good Guy...

Pictures  First couple are the way Mike normally supplies them...  Like I mentioned really nice but just a little to modern for my taste....  The last shots are my cap...

Cuda Cody

Cudakiller70

Yup very nice looking 👍 Maybe it'll be an option direct? What's on the right hand side of your dash?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on August 08, 2018, 11:07:52 AM
What's on the right hand side of your dash?

FiTech controller... I made up a mount so I can see info a little more accurately then the factory gauges provide....  There are a number of screens available, when driving I normally select large gauges & have four parameters selected....   

But the dashboard screen is good too, just hard to read while driving...

318Stroker

Wow, I really like the cap with the Challenger script, just the way it comes, no powder coating necessary. Can someone tell me how much it costs?

303 Mopar

Quote from: 318Stroker on August 08, 2018, 12:15:12 PM
Wow, I really like the cap with the Challenger script, just the way it comes, no powder coating necessary. Can someone tell me how much it costs?

I love my cap from him too!  Just PM @Mickm.

JS29

I have one as well, can't say any thing any better than what was already said!!!!  :1place:

BIGSHCLUNK

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cudakiller70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 08, 2018, 11:33:05 AM
Quote from: Cudakiller70 on August 08, 2018, 11:07:52 AM
What's on the right hand side of your dash?

FiTech controller... I made up a mount so I can see info a little more accurately then the factory gauges provide....  There are a number of screens available, when driving I normally select large gauges & have four parameters selected....   

But the dashboard screen is good too, just hard to read while driving...
Pretty slick and looks easy to read. Nice

71-440

That Challenger cap is really cool. 8)
I may contact him for one. I have the plain jane one now and was looking for a replacement.
Joe

Mickm

Hello all,
1 Wild R/T, Thanks for the product review.
To all who have purchased a NuPar horn button, we appreciate your business and am very proud to know you are pleased with our product.
For those not familiar with our products please allow me to tell you a little be about us and them. I am a retired Automotive Engineer. I am interested in developing new age products,  for our Mopar's, that retain the sex appeal of the original design but are engineers with modern technology.
Our first product was our Mopar Horn Button. The horn button design mimics the plastic rim blow but is fully CNC machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum. Our horn button will work with any flat centered steering wheel that utilized either an original or aftermarket mopar horn switch.  It comes complete with all parts, hardware and instructions for assembly.
The center cap can be ordered in the standard satin aluminum finish, anodized color with anything you would like etched or the original barracuda fish emblem for $185 shipped anywhere within the continental USA.
The center cap can be painted to your specific color for an additional charge.

We Offer abs plastic 3d gauge cups that will allow the use of modern gauges.

We offer aluminum heater hose clamps that keep the heater hoses properly spaced around and above a Sanden ac compressor if running aftermarket ac. They have the same design as the Mopar Performance air breather and valve covers.

We are currently working on an abs plastic trunk interior that will carry the design theme from the door panels into and thru the trunk.

I am working at this by myself so I have not advertised our products other than thru word of mouth and a couple of forum postings.

Feel free to contact me at 19mickm33@gmail for answers to any questions.

Mickm
NuPar Products

dave73

I'd be interested to see the trunk panels. Awesome work!

You should make a filler piece that goes in between the radiator support and header panel.

Mickm

Good morning dave73chally,
The trunk panel kit is in it's early stages. The first proto type is complete but there are revisions to be made, then tested and dies designed and built.

Great thought on the radiator crossbar apron. It is on the list of things to do next along with under hood cover panels!!!

Thanks,
Mickm
NuPar Products

Solarguy

That looks Great,  much better textured.