Main Menu

passenger outside air vent without heater??

Started by Crash520, July 15, 2017, 06:30:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crash520

Guys, most Cuda's come fitted with a heater box which incorporates the passenger fresh air vent/door, I'm looking for a passenger vent only with door (stand alone, no heater box) are there any around????

Im heater box deleting as we dont get cold enough here to need it and once removed it gives me plenty of space to mount my EFI ECU and ignition control box etc.

Thanks in advance
Greg
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Cuda Cody

I'm having a hard time picturing what part you are looking for.  Do you have a photo of what you need?  If I can see what you need I can look and see if I have it.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 15, 2017, 06:37:40 PM
I'm having a hard time picturing what part you are looking for.  Do you have a photo of what you need?  If I can see what you need I can look and see if I have it.

What he's looking for is hen's teeth....

Similar to the air vent mounted on the drivers side of a non-A/C car a heater delete car has a second fresh air vent mounted on the passenger side... But heater delete cars were the only one's that got them..... My 71 Hemi Challenger had one.... But since it was ordered on Guam & never left Guam it's not gonna help anyone...

Crash520

Spot on Wild R/T.
and thats what Im thinking as well, hens teeth, maybe if I can find a broken heater box that I could trim back to just have the vent, make up a sheet metal cover plate to cover the heater take off opening, that way I can still connect the fresh air door cable to open and close it, even they are like rocking horse do do out here in Australia!!! my heater box is fully restored and boxed in storage as I dont need it and the area under the dash is a great spot to mount my EFI ECU and ignition module !!!!! and would solve many an issue Im having re mounting locations etc.
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Crash520

out of chassis manual
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

RUNCHARGER

Hawaiian cars perhaps. Either modify your E-body heater or find something off another application and modify it I would think.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

:takealook:  I've never seen one of those in person and din't even know they existed.   :whiteflag:  Sorry I can't help.   :(

Crash520

thanks guys, I figured it would be a tough one,,,,, might be able to adapt an A body one maybe :thinking: :dunno:
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Crash520

Greg
Brisbane
Australia

TheGanzman

"Where there's a will (I want to be in it)..."

This isn't germane per se, but I did the same thing on my '69 Ford Bronco; it was originally a "Heater Delete" truck, but Ford's answer was to put NOTHING whatsoever there.  I adapted (with much cutting, since there wasn't even a block off plate there) a 2nd driver side vent to the passenger side.  It was a LOT of work, but the results are most satisfying; good luck!