Main Menu

Purpose of Small Rubber Bumper in Door?

Started by Floyd, June 28, 2020, 10:19:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Anyone know the purpose for this small round bumper in the door shell?  Pic is of LH door.  It was definitely there before the car got re-painted.  Pic was taken after removing the overspray.   There's a hole in the same spot on the RH door, but no bumper.  Trying to figure out if its missing or not. 

Thanks

Rich G.

I've never seen one there on any door I've taken apart.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

found one of those loose in the last door I took apart - I'll have to see if I can find it

it was on a "0E" LA February '70 built 318 SE with dual painted mirrors & manual windows - doors appeared to be originals  :dunno:

ec_co

just checked my early LA '70 build and don't even have the holes
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

I've seen those on a few doors. Never thought nothing of it unfortunately and can't remember if it was a date thing or not. I'm thinking it was on early 70's cars though as that is usually what I am working on.
Sheldon

Floyd

Mine's an April Fools Day 70 SPD.  It's hard for me to see what they would protect.  It's the same type of rubber bumper that is in the vertical door glass tracks BTW.  Those could also be the source of the lose one you found Dan.

69BFan

Is there a part number molded into the bumper?
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

340Challman

My door has it as well. Hamtramck car. I was wondering it's purpose as well.  :dunno:
Kevin

R/T's 4 R/P

never had seen one of those before but saw one on the passenger side of an April built car i parted out a few years ago.  I kept it, just because it seemed so peculiar.
Maybe an added stop for the window track, or to keep something from rattling?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

7E-Bodies

Both doors on my 70 RT project have the holes. No bumpers. Driver side chrome racing mirror only. Manual windows.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green