Main Menu

Quarter glass fixed to roll-down conversion

Started by Msbaugh440, August 09, 2018, 07:32:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Msbaugh440

So this may sound silly, but my quarter glass is fixed and I want to convert it so it will roll down. I'm having trouble figuring out all of the parts that I need.  Are the rear handles the same as the front door glass handles? Anyone know what brackets Rollers I need?

Not sure if everything is available aftermarket...
I saw these parts at jim's, but surely I'll need more than that?

Claudia

Well, I have not seen a fixed quarter window e-body in person so I am certainly not the expert but I would think that you would at least have to have the window regulators, glass guides, mounting brackets along with the hardware and rollers.  I would also assume that the rear quarter interior panels would need to be changed out or modified for the window crank handles?  :thinking:  Window crank handles are the same in the front and rear with the exception that the front and rear have different spacers behind the handles.

1 Wild R/T

You need the regulators, the slider block & the bottom bolt, spring & washer.. Plus the crank handle & attaching screw (which is the same as the front)
you already have all the correct glass guides, mounting brackets along with the hardware and rollers & your interior panels are fine...

What you have.....

Claudia

1 Wild R/T

Here's the sliders, still need the bolts, springs & washers... The link is "The Mopar Shop"   AKA Ed out of Madera... He's got allot of parts not listed you might ask him about the other parts....

http://www.themoparshop.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=32_277&products_id=3213&osCsid=nlelq9gegfd6mva6ku7u05bvs7

Msbaugh440

You guys are awesome!  Wild R/T you're right, I do have the glass guide and brackets necessary, my rear trim and frame also have the hole for the handle already in it.  Looks like the trouble will be finding the regulators.

Thanks for including links to those! Looks like most of what I need can be found on the web.  For those that are interested, here is what the fixed quarters look like:

Claudia

So, what goes in the hole in the rear quarter interior panel where the window crank comes through on a fixed quarter glass car?  :thinking:

Msbaugh440

I'll get a picture of it later, but there are chrome circular covers that pop in to close it off

Claudia

1 Wild R/T

Some got the chrome plug, some got a textured plastic plug...

1 Wild R/T

On the regulators just like the front the res differ from Barracuda to Challenger...  I have a set of Challenger ones but I'm pretty sure you have a barracuda....

anlauto

Challenger and Cuda use different regulators  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Msbaugh440

I have a 1970 challenger, not a barracuda and would love to take them off your hands Wild R/T! ...if you're willing to sell them that is.   

1 Wild R/T