Main Menu

Rallye Dash Bezel Foam Seals

Started by Gary AAR, April 04, 2020, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

I am working on restoring my 1970 Cuda Rallye Dash Bezel.  There is a foam seal that sets in behind the "Right", "Left", and "Brake" lenses in the dash bezel.  My foam seals have mostly turned to dust.  Does anyone sell new foam seals, or do I find a suitable piece of foam and make my own?  Anyone recommend a foam source if you've made your own?  See picture of what's left of my foam seal.
Thanks for the help.

anlauto

Performance Car Graphics has them, you may have to call, not sure if they are on their website. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

My foam seals were totally degraded when I took my dash apart. I took some foam packing material, painted it black, and cut out the seals. They don't have to be perfect because they will never be seen. Good luck!

HEMICUDA

Yep, that's exactly what I do except I have black foam, good job.  I have a bunch of different sizes of leather punches so I can punch out the outer to size then do the inner for a perfect donut :cheers: