Main Menu

rear 3 pt seat belts

Started by blowin74, January 30, 2018, 06:32:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blowin74

My question is My rear seat 3 pt seat belts on my 74 Cuda mount inside the side moulding do they mount directly in there or is another retractor also inside the moulding any help would be great

Cuda Cody

Welcome @blowin74   :welcome:  Wish I could help you but I do not know much about the 74 seat belt system.   :sorry:

72 Challenger

There should be another retractor in there. Otherwise the belt wouldn't fit against your body or if you were really large not fit around you.

Someday I will have a J0b.

Brads70

Quote from: 72 Challenger on January 30, 2018, 08:27:08 AM
There should be another retractor in there. Otherwise the belt wouldn't fit against your body or if you were really large not fit around you.

:iagree:  There is a retractor in there, and a molding around the hole. My car has them installed when I bought it.

blowin74

ok i was told different things so it has a retractor under the mouldings would anyone know were the seat belts can be purchased

Brads70

Quote from: blowin74 on January 30, 2018, 11:19:04 AM
ok i was told different things so it has a retractor under the mouldings would anyone know were the seat belts can be purchased

To my knowledge they are not reproduced ?  I have my old ones if your stuck but they are not mint condition either.

blowin74

hi Brad thanks i have looked now on and off for 3 years what color do you have ??and on a condition scale of 1-10  what would you say. I have probaly 10 emails out with no one even the  custom makers not getting back I just need them to mostly plug the holes more than anything its one on my last parts i need

Brads70

Quote from: blowin74 on January 30, 2018, 11:55:29 AM
hi Brad thanks i have looked now on and off for 3 years what color do you have ??and on a condition scale of 1-10  what would you say. I have probaly 10 emails out with no one even the  custom makers not getting back I just need them to mostly plug the holes more than anything its one on my last parts i need

They are black. I dug them out and took a couple pictures? Not frayed but a little bleached from the sun. Maybe they could be redyed to look new?  I took a picture to show the slight rust and cracked sheath?  The one buckle is missing the decorative metal insert. 

blowin74

what do you want for them iam in canada also

Brads70

Quote from: blowin74 on January 30, 2018, 03:22:18 PM
what do you want for them iam in canada also
I know you don't know him , but we used to have a Member over on CC.com named Alan Lemon from Alabama that is a very generous person. He would often give parts away to people that needed them, myself included. Others have been inspired by this so maybe it will rub off on this site as well so send me your name /address and you just pay the shipping. Pay it forward when you get the chance! ;)
Or if you live close by swing by and pick them up?

blowin74

very generous and i thank you iam in SC doing shows and stuff until mid april i will contact you if thats ok instead of paying high shipping to SC from ontario i live in NL

72 Challenger

I was looking for a set for my car and my research also suggests no one reproduces the 72 and up style seat belts. I am wishing I asked on the forum first! I ended up paying more than they were worth but without them the car wouldn't pass a safety inspection and I couldn't drive it.
Someday I will have a J0b.

blowin74

Hi Brad I have two sets of friends in ontario who are coming down here in a month or so I will probaly have them pick it up or have you mail to them and I will take care of any costs to you give me a day or so for them to read emails

Brads70

Quote from: blowin74 on January 31, 2018, 05:10:10 AM
Hi Brad I have two sets of friends in ontario who are coming down here in a month or so I will probaly have them pick it up or have you mail to them and I will take care of any costs to you give me a day or so for them to read emails

No worries , they are yours . 
Just in case others run into this down the road, this is always an option.
http://www.seatbeltstore.com/category-s/2.htm

I went with these for my car....
https://www.wescoperformance.com/long-sash-seat-belt-starburst.html

blowin74

so you mounted them inside the moulding or just into the floor behind the seat