Main Menu

Rear Seatbelt Installation - Help

Started by tsoe, March 28, 2018, 09:29:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tsoe

All,

Looking for advice with installation of the rear seat belts on my 73 dodge challenger.

Pics below with rear seats removed and the seat belts I bought. I tried to circle where I believe the seatbelts need to be attached. Has anyone done this? is it correct? Also if anyone knows the nuts/bolts I need and where I can find them for it i'd appreciate it.

Also looking for advice for the right hardware to attach the backseat once I slide the backing into the slot (I tried to describe to my best abilities!)

Thanks in advance!

-Ed

Shane Kelley

Here's a pick of seat belt locations on my 71.  This should help you.  @MoparDave at Roseville Moparts can get you the bolts you need.  The 2 center ones you have circled is where the seat back bolts to the body.

Cuda Cody

Welcome @tsoe   :welcome:  I'm not sure if the placement changed for 1973, but the belts bolt to the side of the wheel wells and also near the center hump.

tsoe

Thank you @Shane Kelley, very helpful for the seatbelt bolt placement.

For the rear back piece, if I remember correct there are two metal pieces on the seatback that slide into the two metal "box" pieces on each side, is that not where it is bolted to the body?

Also, no bolts for the bench, correct?

Much appreciated!

tsoe

Thanks @Cuda Cody. Glad to have joined the forum. Finally finding some time to put some work into my challenger! Here's a pic!

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Quote from: tsoe on March 28, 2018, 10:23:44 AM

For the rear back piece, if I remember correct there are two metal pieces on the seatback that slide into the two metal "box" pieces on each side, is that not where it is bolted to the body?

Much appreciated!

Common mistake, the loops on the back of the rear seat DON'T slide into the "boxes", they sit on the outside and get screwed to the box, and yes you're correct. The bottom of the rear seat just clips in place.

I think in 1973 your outer seat belts go into the holes you've circled in your picture, but the inner belts are the same as Shane's picture. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

:iagree:  I wondered that after examining his picture.  I don't see holes in the brackets on the wheel tubes.

tsoe

Quote from: anlauto on March 28, 2018, 10:54:14 AM
Quote from: tsoe on March 28, 2018, 10:23:44 AM

Much appreciated!

Common mistake, the loops on the back of the rear seat DON'T slide into the "boxes", they sit on the outside and get screwed to the box, and yes you're correct. The bottom of the rear seat just clips in place.

I think in 1973 your outer seat belts go into the holes you've circled in your picture, but the inner belts are the same as Shane's picture. :alan2cents:

Thanks @anlauto ! That is great news because I tried putting the loops on the back seat into the boxes and the seat didnt fit right. Thank god for forums!