Main Menu

recovering rear seat

Started by Cbridgewater, March 03, 2023, 01:13:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cbridgewater

Hello all! I need some help please. I am going to recover my rear seats for my 72 challenger and was hoping you could tell me the layering for seat bottom and seat back.

I've watched the Legendary video for the 70 charger, but want to know if there is any other info or step-by-step guides out there to use. All help is appreciated!!

tparker

I don't know about the 72 but mine was pretty straight forward. I bought the legendary kit. I can't completely remember the details but I seem to remember I just added the foam. It pretty much followed the same steps as the online videos. I just saw my instructions a couple weeks ago, I can see if they are still handy and copy them here.

Jocigar

tparker and others helped me out, i'll pass it along.

This was my thread, I had to search for various legendary videos to get idea of how it was done, charge challenger cuda.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/any-advise-on-installing-new-seat-covers/19949/

Below are some pics/steps from my best 1st time effort for rear seat bottom, I can post rear seat back later on.   

good luck  :cheers:

Brads70

Related question..... are the rear seat frames the same 70-74? How about the foam? I ask as I have no idea what year mine are and I'd like to use 70 covers someday? 

Cbridgewater

How many layers of cotton does the seat back get?

Jocigar

Brad70 I would say that they are the same but not certain (except for vert rear upper).  lower rear using high density foam and upper using cotton layers.    the fronts would be different foam and listing wire positions across the years.

As I recall, I used one more layer of cotton than recommended.  I think they say 3-5 so 6 layers of cotton in doing my seat.

Duct tape frame corners for added protection of covers.