Main Menu

SE Headliner install

Started by BAM, April 29, 2022, 02:33:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Hello guys,

because my car had no headliner when bought, i ordered a new one from SE Headliners so i need to install. Question is, do i need any extra accessories for installation or the headliner just glues on?

Can someone provide some guidance plus a list of accessories if there are any?

For the rest of the interior that will touch the headliner, i only have the A Pillars, interior mirror and overhead console

RUNCHARGER

Memories fuzzy: However you have the headliner backing (factory was a sort of thick cardboard I believe or an aftermarket one made of fibreglass) Then there is a suede material glued to it. You mount that up in the car and as I recall it is supported by the sunvisors at the front and the coathooks and shoulder harness bolts at the rear. Somebody may confirm that.
Then you need the C-pillar boards which get covered in the suede material as well. I believe the C-pillar boards install after the headliner and they help support the headliner assembly as well.
Then there is the console and the special SE rear window inside frame.
I can't remember if you have to mount the console to the headliner before lifting it into place or if you mount the console when the headliner is already in the car.
You also have to have the wiring for the console in place before any of this happens of course.
I remember it was a real bear to get it all installed by myself. I think I supported it all by cardboard boxes at the rear and lifted the front into place.
Edit, most likely the upper side window run channels install after the headliner and the front inner windshield molding would install after the headliner as well.
Hope this makes sense and helps you.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

Following this. I assume my Barracuda Gran Coupé has the same headliner, and I need to fix it, it hangs down and touches my head while I'm driving now.

Chryco Psycho

You need to use a good adhesive to attach the material to the board & bolt the console to the board before installing it . as I recall there are some clips along the sides of the roof boar as well but it is mostly held up as Sheldon says .

headejm