Main Menu

SE Headliners: Heard of them?

Started by docmel, January 01, 2021, 09:30:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

docmel

Looking around for a molded headliner and sail panels for my 71 Cuda.  Anyoine hear of these guys.  There website is pretty undetailed and no listed phone, direct email or physical adress is listed

worthywads

I think you forgot to link to the guys you are talking about?

Yeya93

I asked what the cost of an SE headliner would be for a 1970 challenger SE

"Hello 

The headliner is made of fiberglass and is covered in black material.  The cost is $525 plus shipping which is based on zip code.

Please let me know if you have any questions."

This is the response I was provided. I figured I would wait to see what an upholstery person would recommend before purchasing. I'm not at the interior stage yet, so i got some time to go.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

docmel

docmel

So where are these guys located??  Heres the link  https://www.seheadliners.com/ 

The site looks like a dead business or an empty hole to send money to.  Sorry if I offend, but there is virtually no real contact info, physical adrtess, etc.  And they are offering to be at the nats in 2014?

Yeya93

I have no idea. Roseville moparts led me to them

EV2RTSE

I don't have any first-hand experience with them but have heard of others purchasing without a problem.

Here's a link to a post on moparts that has a contact phone #.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1506541/70-71-cuda-gran-coupe-headliner-complete.html

Another option is to get a headliner from 'Dayclona' - I think he makes small runs of them periodically, I bought one from him for my car and it's really nice.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2004934/1970-dodge-challenger-se-headliner.html#Post2004934

shawge

I picked up one of Dayclona's (Mike Goyette) headliners in 2016. I agree w/ EV2RTSE: what he creates is very nice. 

The headliner came well packaged in a wooden frame of 1"x6" planks around the headliner, lots of foam padding, and thick cardboard stapled around the frame to keep everything in.  The headliner is made with white gelcoat and glass mat. Since I did not get his console, the headliner had markings for where the holes/cutouts should be.  Due to it coming from a mold and being hand laid mat, it did have some minor blemishes that were easy to correct, and I had to remove extra material around the edges for it to fit my car.

You will need to purchase and install any headliner material with his headliner/console.  Dayclona suggested using 3 yards of Legendary HLROLL01 to cover both the headliner and console, ask for it to be sent in a roll and not folded.

If you do go w/ Dayclona and want the overhead console, I highly suggest getting his console at the same time. He will drill the headliner and attach the console for you.

Since the shipping box is oversize, be aware that it can be very expensive to ship if you are far from his home state of MA.

1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

jlemler

Here is the contact info:

618-977-1501
Claude Heimburger
6830 Dove Lane 
Waterloo, IL 62298
I contacted them a few months ago.  I sent the check a few weeks ago.  It was 800.00 all in, that includes shipping to Rhode Island.  I purchased the material from legendary Interiors.  I had the fiber board original.  It is very warped and I really don't feel like playing with it.
Jeff

Yeya93

@shawge  if you don't mind me asking, what was the price for the dayclona headliner?

jlemler

Didn't realize Daycolona was still making them.  By the time I had found out it was too late.  I already pulled the trigger.  I am looking for the bracket that holds the console to the roof on the back where the map light is.  You would not happen to have one laying around?
Jeff

shawge

@Yeya93 in 2016 it was $200 for the headliner and about $170 for 3 yards of headliner material.
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

R/T's 4 R/P

Regarding the bracket that attaches at the center of the roof rib and holds the center of the headliner and map light, I am looking for one as well. I do know what they roughly look like. It seems like something that could be made relatively easy if someone could post pictures of theirs along with some dimensions.

Thanks
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

shawge

Attached some pics of the bracket w/ measurements.  Let me know if you need other details.
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

jlemler

Thanks for the effort but making stuff like that is beyond my ability. I would happily buy one if I could find one.