Main Menu

SE overhead console question

Started by Yeya93, November 07, 2021, 11:12:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

R/T's 4 R/P

I thought Mike, aka Dayclona, only sold the non-upholstered liner.
SEheadliners sells the part completely upholstered, or with the fabric. That could account for the difference in cost. I may be wrong and SE headliners may also sell them unupholstered.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on November 09, 2021, 05:53:03 AM
SEheadliners sells the part completely upholstered, or with the fabric. That could account for the difference in cost. I may be wrong and SE headliners may also sell them unupholstered.

He does not.   They only come already covered and ready to install. 

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Getting back to the metal.....
Didn't know they were painted at all.  Mine is chrome.   Can't get to the desk top right now, but will post pics tomorrow.

Yeya93

argent silver grill paint 

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeya93

mopar argent silver

Yeya93

i think the tone of the oer argent silver is closer to the original, but it has a texture to it that i don't like.

the mopar argent silver is very slightly lighter in time than original, but i prefer that paint as compared to the oer argent silver.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

An old pic but chrome

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on November 10, 2021, 05:29:43 PM
An old pic but chrome

most of the chrome should be argent... But smooth not textured...

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Dang it....thought I had a one of one.!  Thanks.    :Thud:

RacerX

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on November 09, 2021, 05:57:12 AM
Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on November 09, 2021, 05:53:03 AM

He does not.   They only come already covered and ready to install.

It didn't used to be that way...  when I asked him about headliners he told me I would need
to get the fabric from legendary and gave a part number to order.

cudachallengerguy

I purchased a fiberglass headliner from SE Headliners and it had almost all the holes drilled in the wrong places. Very disappointed.
Regards Gary

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: Gary Zuppardo on November 11, 2021, 08:36:14 AM
I purchased a fiberglass headliner from SE Headliners and it had almost all the holes drilled in the wrong places. Very disappointed.
Regards Gary

Well, that makes me nervous.   There was another member here though, who said they were very happy with the one they got.

70 Top Banana

For what it is worth, here are pictures of the one I own. I took this out of my car as my car is not an SE. It is supposed to be original which is what I was told and the guy I bought the car from owned it since the mid seventies. Hope the pics help

R/T's 4 R/P

Is that a piece of foam that is glued on the back?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

RacerX

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on November 11, 2021, 11:49:57 AM
Quote from: Gary Zuppardo on November 11, 2021, 08:36:14 AM
Regards Gary

Well, that makes me nervous.   There was another member here though, who said they were very happy with the one they got.

Yea I have heard mostly good feedback about SE headliners also...  most say it went in well without issues.

Maybe they were having a bad day when that one went out?