Main Menu

Seat redone for my 71 chally RT 340

Started by automate33, August 08, 2017, 07:59:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

automate33

Hey guys,

I would like to have the seats redone in my 71 Challenger.
I am considering 3 possibilities :

- to have the seats redone by a pro, in real leather following the factory shape
- to buy the complete seat covers from Legendary Interiors in full black vinyl
- to buy the complete seat covers from Legendary Interiors in H5XX like my car had from the factory

Here are some pics of my car, 71 340 ci R/T.

What do you suggest ? Which are the best seat covers on the market ?

Thanks guys!!!

anlauto

You should do the seats as per the factory broadcast sheet/fender tag. Buy the covers from Legendary Auto Interiors and have them professionally installed.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Beautiful '71, my favorite year for the Challenger!  Legendary has the best interior period.  I would go back to what your factory had, then get a pro to install the new pad and covers.

Cuda Cody

Your car looks great.  Very nice!  The seats look good to so not sure why you would want to replace them.  But Legendary Auto Interiors is the best IMO.  They make fantastic quality that is factory correct.  I love their stuff.

Shane Kelley

MoparDave got me covers from PUI. The leather seems to be very nice quality with good fit and finish. I'm extremely happy with them so far.

Cuda Cody

I've installed many sets of Legendary interiors and they have all been great so far.  But I've never done a leather set.  Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to own an E-Body with leather.   :fingerscrossed:

RUNCHARGER

I always use Legendary as well, very happy with them, last ones I used were the leather SE buckets. Leather skins aren't cheap, if you haven't done skins before use a pro for the install.
Sheldon

automate33

thanks guys!
I think to do by a leather pro with the same grain as original.
The H5XX seat is not very beautiful

And in case of sale, buyers will not be attracted by this colori.
I am in France  :france: lol

6bblgt

is the car an original TX9 "black" car?  is there something wrong with your current interior that needs replaced/fixed?

I don't see putting incorrect custom leather in the car as an upgrade over what is shown in the pictures  :alan2cents:

the original H5XX interior was black vinyl with "black & white plaid cloth inserts" - when released the dealer trim books had it WRONG this resulted in purple & blue cars with the "black & orange plaid cloth inserts"

Dodge's relabeled fix is shown below  :stop:

automate33

My car was  FY1  ..
previous owner decide to paint in triple Black

jt4406

I went with Legendary leather covers for my 70 challenger, used their matching seat foam too, couldn't be happier with them.
jess
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

automate33

Hi guys,

who have pics of HRX9 interior?
i would like redone my interior with this leather.

Thanks guys

automate33

Finallely, i have choose to buy carpet, front seat with foam and rear seat!

I have choose Legendary ans i have bought with Dante's Mopar.

Stay tuned :-)

70/6chall

When I changed over to a black interior, I was at a quandary for upholstery. I wanted to stay with the factory look stitching. Another problem black interior no a/c in triple digit at times SoCal. A buddy of mine who had his seats done in his '71 Challenger R/T at a local upholsterer was quite pleased with the work done and the price. I went to see Ray Warren at Ray Warrens Upholstery here in Riverside. Well, he suggested the material and price and I agreed. I took all the seats out for the job at hand, and took them to him. Ray is an old, old school artisan, we settled on a close grained factory look black vinyl and graphite grey tweed inserts. Being an old school upholsterer he cut patterns from the original patterns from the seats and stitched it all together, with new seat foam, in the factory look pleats. We decided to add the name "Challenger" embroidered, in Orange ( to match the outside paint) to the headrest. It all came together at the right price and time frame. I also had embroidered the floor mats and the dash mat (passengers side). Looks great.      Thanks,   Al

70/6chall

Sorry gang! The lower interior shot is not my interior. Wrong pic (senior moment here). I will insert correct pic.     Thanks,   Al