Main Menu

Seat release cables

Started by tparker, June 11, 2018, 10:02:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

This one is bugging me. I bought a pair on line and, as the pictures show, one is bigger than the other. Not sure about everyone's ebody's , but both seats are the same. Anyone else notices this? What's the deal? Do I have two left seats :huh:

So know I have to fabricate something or find someone who has the other half. Don't want to spend another $20 plus $for shipping. LOL. Half my restoration costs are in shipping LOL.

Tom

Burdar

I'm pretty sure my A-body uses two different lengths too.  There is a bracket in the middle of the seat that the cable goes through.  One bracket is longer on one side then the other.  This makes the cable different lengths per side.  I'm not sure if an E-body seat is the same way or not. 

1 Wild R/T

70-71 E body drivers side seat the cable runs through a guide attached to the front of the seat frame... Passenger side the cable just runs from one side to the other.....  Starting in 72 E bodies only lock the outside track...

tparker

Ahhhh, thanks. That makes sense. The old ones were basically desintigrated when I redid the seats. Off to scour the web for a photo ti figure out which one and how it goes.

headejm

1970 passenger seat.

headejm

tparker

@headejm thanks, that is awesome.  :woohoo: These photos are HARD to find.

Of course I now have to ask why they made it the two seats different? Wouldn't a shorter cable work better? Hmmmmm.

Tom

Burdar

The locking arm needs to be pulled in a certain direction/angle in order to pivot properly.  The guide changes that angle so the setup moves freely.