Main Menu

Secure heater to firewall/windscreen frame

Started by Tony 73, January 12, 2021, 02:36:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Tony 73

71 Cuda

Hearter is secured to firewall but needs to be secured to windscreen frame does it not ? Am sure my Challenger heater has a brace that is secured to thestud in the small yellow circle.
The end of the heater in the lager yellow circle sages down , is there meant to me stud that hangs down and protrudes through the outside lip ( red circle) of the box ?

Help appreciated

Skid Row

I'm sure a member here will shortly be posting a pic. of the ( J hook) looking support at the vent, but the other gets a strap I think.

anlauto

Nothing in the small yellow circle, and as mentioned a "J" hook in the red circle. Available in reproduction. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Picture of "J" hook
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

FE5CUDA

Jay Bee

anlauto

Quote from: FE5CUDA on January 12, 2021, 06:19:50 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 12, 2021, 05:52:55 AM
Picture of "J" hook

After that "J" hook is modified it will work.

Agreed...that was just the first picture I found on the ol' interweb this morning  :takepicture:

76orangewagon

If you go with a reproduction they need to be bent a lot more (as mentioned by FE5CUDA), here's my Original (top pic.. from a previous post) compared to the aftermarket (2nd pic) and how the gap at the defrost duct should align (3rd pic).

Tony 73

BRILLIANT
Thanks for the great reply.
I will look at ordering one or see is friend and I may be able to fabricate one due to me living in NZ and take long time for part to arrive.

Tony 73

I went to local hardware store and brought a J Bolt, worked perfect. Got my hand/arm in the hole on top of cowl, managed to feed threaded end of bolt through the hole in heater vent box and then get hook over lip inside cowl. Hope that makes sense ? J Bolt was 4" long and  1/4 " shank thickness. Result , heater secure.

anlauto