Main Menu

Once and for all-Who’s the best Steering Wheel Restorer?

Started by 7E-Bodies, May 13, 2020, 07:15:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

My 70 RT is the S83 code rim blow and I have the original boxed and ready to go. I keep hearing there's about 3 guys doing them. A couple in Canada and one in the US? I'd rather hear from only those who've actually had one done. Even private messages welcome if taking sides causes issues here. It's time to get this going so I won't be waiting when it's needed. So let's hear from members who've been through this.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RUNCHARGER

No issues with a Rimblow restored by Doug Lepak in Alberta Canada. Sorry, car is gone with no photos.
Sheldon

7E-Bodies

I hear a lot of good about him. Was the grain and stain highly detailed? I'm looking for wow factor and functionality.

RUNCHARGER

Yes; Nice detailing and colour. IMO it looked factory but a bit better quality. Again, sorry no photos.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Doug did the wheel for my Coronet, it's beautiful but whats really good is years later it 's still perfect, Had a wheel done by a restorer out of Georgia two years later the repairs were coming apart...

7E-Bodies

anlauto

I've had one only done by Doug Lepak....If I had one complaint....I would say his are "too nice" a true work of art...I was always super careful jumping in my car, checking to make sure my hands were clean etc... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

I just had my wheel restored by Dave Tay at WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM.  Very happy with the results, price and turnaround time.  Here's a before and some after pics.

Chryco Psycho

Mine was also done by Doug Lepak  :bigthumb:
Great work but no pix sorry

R/T's 4 R/P

does anyone have contact details for him? (Doug LePack)

Shipping into Canada is such a hassle.  (I also have some items to go to SF Restorations and it takes a long time and costs a lot.)
Anyone stateside?
I used Verbit's for a wheel and while it looked very nice to begin with, the finish is already wearing off after about 5000 miles.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

7E-Bodies

I went with David Tay as well. He currently has my original Rim Blow wheel from my F8 JS23U0B project. 6-7 months to be expected. He's in Indiana so shipping wasn't bad. Canadian shipping from the US is simply intolerable IMO. I will be posting quality of my wheel when I get it back. He's had it for about(?) 4 months now.

gaddied

Quote from: usraptor on May 13, 2020, 04:50:44 PM
I just had my wheel restored by Dave Tay at WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM.  Very happy with the results, price and turnaround time.  Here's a before and some after pics.
Dave did my wheel and it turned out fantastic . Great guy to deal with .

7E-Bodies

I just sent my heater blower motor off to Chris "Topher" McGinnis out east if those are things you're going to be doing soon. I had SF do my wiper motor and it was nothing short of perfect but Canada and USPS left me bleeding. I've seen Topher's work and it appears just as good. The savings are substantial. $15 shipping as opposed to $60 helped as well. Topher's phone is +1 (980) 329-5938. Super good guy to speak with. I'll be posting results when he's done.

E74cuda

I've had several done by Plum Beeper. I'm very happy with the results

76orangewagon

Who's the best ?? Well that's asking opinions and everybody has one same as any other topic. I used Dave Tay also and am more than pleased with his work, I would use him again. Is someone better ? Possibly but he gets my vote and he's in the United States. Hope my opinion helps you with your decision.