Main Menu

Still looking for a broken heater box

Started by Crash520, October 18, 2017, 04:12:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crash520

Hi Guys, I'm still searching for a broken heater box, I need the part circled please if there are any out ther
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Roadman

Just searched  :ebay: no luck, I put it on my list.   :rebelflag"

Crash520

Thanks Roadman, I'm sure there must be a busted up box somewhere😜
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

MikeMikeMike

Try SMS Auto http://www.sms-auto.com/Contact-us.html They rebuild a lot of heater boxes for e-bodies. They tend to stock heater components when they find them at swaps.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

Crash520

Thanks MMM, is that the same SMS that do the head linings out of OR, I bought my 73 head liner from those guys, I can ask!
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Shane Kelley

There are actually 2 parts you have circled. I'm going to guess you need the common front part that gets broke from people kicking it. If that's the case they reproduce that one. I have heard it's pretty good but I have never actually seen it with my own eyes. Those parts used are getting extremely hard to come by in good shape since they were prone to breakage to begin with.   

Daveh

I'm taking 3 a/c, heater boxes and making one good one.  I should have that available when I'm finished.  Let me know if your interested.  I'm thinking a couple of weeks. 

EV2RTSE

I've got two front halves with broken areas, the one on the bottom being the better of the two, the back half, at the top of the picture, looks to be good. RestoRick has a good tutorial on repairing broken boxes:

http://www.restorick.com/tech/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=75

I was going to make one good one out of all my spare parts but I've got about a million other things to do before I get around to it, so
if you can use any of this stuff PM me with an offer. Thanks

MikeMikeMike

It's the sms in New Hampshire but it looks like others here are going to hook you up  :bradsthumb:
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

Crash520

Thanks guys, I only want the fresh air part of the system, I'll be cutting away from left of the yellow line and glassing it over to effectively give me a heater delete fresh air box operated by the  factory cable,
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

anlauto

I remember your story and how yours got damaged in shipping etc....but I think if someone had a box with the area you want in good shape...it seems odd to cut it off to ship to you so you can glue it back on your other half  :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Why not just try your luck at buying another complete box (or just the two halfs) and ship it packaged correctly ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

I repaired mine at the lower lip that's always broken off.
Used epoxy then sanded it smooth.

You'd have to get down on your hands and knees to look close up to see there was a repair made.

Crash520

I don't want a complete unit, I currently have a fully restored heater box, I won't be putting it in the car as I want a HEATER DELETE system, that is, just the passenger fresh air box only, no one re-pops just a passenger side fresh air only box so I'd rather try and locate a busted up broken box that still has the section in tact right of the yellow line.
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

anlauto

Oh sorry...my bad....I had you mixed up with someone else. You should have said what your plan was up front, that would have made more sense.

You could also looking for the correct vent box too...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration