Main Menu

Stockish aftermarket seats.

Started by FSHTAIL, July 01, 2020, 01:40:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

I think I found some Aftermarket seats with the ability to recline but also have some nice side bolster to them, I'm not sure about their quality, but I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and giving them a go. 

These are the closest thing I have found that look similar to my 1970 front seats.. 
I don't want to take too much away from the interior or vibe of the car.

I want something more comfortable that reclines, the stock seats aren't very fun after about 8 hours of driving.
Modifying the stock seats would be cost-prohibitive to get what I want aftermarket.

Made by Cipher for Jeeps.. 
Does anyone else know of something stock like?
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

HP2

RUNCHARGER

Not an aftermarket seat fan but those look fine. The bottoms may be too high, stock E-bodies are pretty thin to make headroom.
Sheldon

FSHTAIL

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 01, 2020, 07:59:30 AM
Not an aftermarket seat fan but those look fine. The bottoms may be too high, stock E-bodies are pretty thin to make headroom.

They are almost identical in dimensions. 

Challenger in NC

$459 per pair
https://cipherauto.com/collections/jeep-seats/products/cpa3001-all-black-leatherette-cipher-auto-universal-jeep-seats-pair

plus $258 for brackets

https://cipherauto.com/collections/dodge-seat-bracket/products/cipher-auto-racing-seat-bracket-dodge-challenger

Not sure why the brackets are over half the price of the seats (probably because they are made in CA), but if these fit, that's a good deal, especially since they are bound to be more comfortable than orginals.

FSHTAIL

I might be able to get everything out the door for $645
They just required some installed shots as a lil offset. 
I'm waiting to hear back on if I can get them without the lil side tags in them.   

So the side bolsters are about 7 inches tall versus the seating area being 5 in, 33" at the backrest.....
Everything is damn near stock dimensions except for the width of the seat is maybe an inch off (narrower)

But that's just by going off of my seat being a little smushed outwards with the padding.. 

Heres the dimensions for quick reference  just to complete the info you posted. 

Quote from: Challenger in NC on July 01, 2020, 01:52:34 PM
$459 per pair
https://cipherauto.com/collections/jeep-seats/products/cpa3001-all-black-leatherette-cipher-auto-universal-jeep-seats-pair

plus $258 for brackets

https://cipherauto.com/collections/dodge-seat-bracket/products/cipher-auto-racing-seat-bracket-dodge-challenger

Not sure why the brackets are over half the price of the seats (probably because they are made in CA), but if these fit, that's a good deal, especially since they are bound to be more comfortable than orginals.

Rich G.

It's funny they list seat brackets for 70-75 Challenger! It would be nice if they actually fit . You'll have to let us know if they work out.

anlauto

Have to agree...not usually a fan, but those look pretty nice... :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

Following along, those do look nice.
I seem to remember someone was coming out with stock e-body seat covers that included side bolsters.

JonH

Following this as well. Can get these through Walmart for $379 for the pair. No Shipping. I  think fabricating mounting brackets would be easy and much cheaper than what they are asking for theirs. I have 09 Challenger seats, but too tall, oe seats also, but over $1000 for foam and covers. What's a guy to do? This looks like a viable option... Just would like to sit in them before purchase, although they cannot possibly be any worse than oe seats...

FSHTAIL

Walmart?

Any chance you have a link handy?
I didn't find them. 
Quote from: JonH on July 02, 2020, 03:47:53 PM
Following this as well. Can get these through Walmart for $379 for the pair. No Shipping. I  think fabricating mounting brackets would be easy and much cheaper than what they are asking for theirs. I have 09 Challenger seats, but too tall, oe seats also, but over $1000 for foam and covers. What's a guy to do? This looks like a viable option... Just would like to sit in them before purchase, although they cannot possibly be any worse than oe seats...

MOPAR MITCH

Hi Chris -- IMO, you should spend your time wisely and actually sit in the seat before you purchase..  Pictures are often misleading to the actual product.   Try to find a retail dealership (typically a road race store), or else, better yet... attend a trade show, that would have various manufacturers there with seats you can sit in.   Your time will be well spent.

Seat brackets should be adapted to your factory glides as the floor bottoms are not equal (they not on the same plain).   I made some simple brackets to adapt my new seats (purchased from JC Whitney.. after sitting in various seats which they had in-stock at their warehouse.. during a big annual car show in May a few years ago.. and got extra $$ discount at that event).

One seat that has great comfort, lateral support, etc, is the Corbeau GTS II... I've always liked them and their quality and price is exceptionally good.... you pay for what you get.

FSHTAIL

I've sat in a set of these.
Found a local guy that had them in a Jeep. 
Anything is better than stock. 

I've had Corbeau GTS II seats in my last project vehicle, the bottom seats side boulsters kept on falling out of place within the material, I'm not a fan. 

The brackets look identical in my factory seats as far as level. 
I have some double lock Corbeau brackets from an A body that Im going to use. 

Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on July 23, 2020, 10:08:30 AM
Hi Chris -- IMO, you should spend your time wisely and actually sit in the seat before you purchase..  Pictures are often misleading to the actual product.   Try to find a retail dealership (typically a road race store), or else, better yet... attend a trade show, that would have various manufacturers there with seats you can sit in.   Your time will be well spent.

Seat brackets should be adapted to your factory glides as the floor bottoms are not equal (they not on the same plain).   I made some simple brackets to adapt my new seats (purchased from JC Whitney.. after sitting in various seats which they had in-stock at their warehouse.. during a big annual car show in May a few years ago.. and got extra $$ discount at that event).

One seat that has great comfort, lateral support, etc, is the Corbeau GTS II... I've always liked them and their quality and price is exceptionally good.... you pay for what you get.

gaddied

Interesting to see them in the car. They look pretty nice.