Main Menu

Window guide felt replacment

Started by Shoooter, April 01, 2017, 10:11:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

What do you use to replace the felt and rubber on the window guides? Just regular felt and contact cement? What is used on the rubber end?

Cuda Cody

nsmall

So I can buy repops of these for $17 (per fuzzy) X4=$68 from a sponsor of this site or go to the fabric store and order the rubber pieces.  Not sure whats the best option.  As for the felt, do you glue it onto the rubber pieces?  If so, what type of glue?  Thanks

headejm

:alan2cents: I recommend you do it yourself. Much more rewarding. Use the rubber pieces that Cody recommended but you might consider using the fuzzy part of the two-piece Velcro strips for the other one. Use 3M 77 or 90 spray glue. That stuff is amazing and you'll use it for many projects around your house and for your car projects. :ohyeah:

nsmall

@headejm

This may be a little off topic but could I use the spray adhesive for the roof as I was planning to put stock style insulation in the car.

90 is half the price of 77 so I'll probably buy that.

Thanks

headejm

No problem using either 3M to tack insulation to the inside roof. I'd recommend the 90 since it withstands higher temperatures.

RCman

I found that the craft store felt wasn't really similar to the material that was on mine. I found the soft side of good velcro was much closer. I used Gorilla glue and an interesting arrangement of clamps and binder clips while it dried. Haha. Worked well on the driver's side I've still got to do the passenger side someday.

Shoooter

I like these ideas. Has anyone used a different setup for the rubber?