Main Menu

Tan Interior

Started by F8RT, August 13, 2018, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

F8RT

Has anyone replaced a tan interior? I have been dealing with Legendary but they have told me the color I need is 656 brown. I talked to Kolor Korrect and they told me the dye I need is Puma Tan. They said 656 is darker more chocolate brown which is not what I want. I'm shooting for original but can't find the correct seat covers. Also looking for some Metro injection mold type door panels, rear quarter panels, kick panels, A pillar and seat backs so I can dye the correct color. Legendary sold me some vacuum mold that were dyed brown that were terrible, very poor quality. I returned them but now need the correct ones. Any ideas I need it all but looking for best price running low on funds?

autoxcuda

What year?

70 tan is lighter than the 71 tan/chocolate/light brown.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

1 Wild R/T

RUNCHARGER

Oooh that's nice: Who says those colours aren't attractive?
For the paint/dye and new panels contact Dave at Roseville, he has a great rep.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 14, 2018, 07:05:48 AM
Oooh that's nice: Who says those colours aren't attractive?
For the paint/dye and new panels contact Dave at Roseville, he has a great rep.

I took that photo back in the late 80's, the picture doesn't do the car justice.. The Green & Tan were stunning together.....  First restored EF8 I'd seen & as much as I liked EF8 in the early 70's by the mid 80's they looked so bad virtually everyone hated EF8....  When I saw that car I was reminded just how good EF8 could look...... And the tan which looks blah with the orange it's usually paired with looks great with the dark green..

Brads70

Quote from: autoxcuda on August 13, 2018, 09:52:49 PM
What year?

I didn't know that, learned something new.   :slapme5:  I've bought a tan B-Body ( Charger) console before are they a different tan again?  :notsure:

ledphoot

I think Tan with green would look incredible, Pure Vision Designs did a car with a more modern take on the tan interior, they called it Challenger X... I always thought it looked cool.

https://www.purevisiondesign.com/rides/galleries/challenger-x.html

PlumCrazyRTSE

I have a tan interior in one of my 70 R/T SE's.  I ordered just about every tan rattle can paint I could locate (SEM paint, Herb's Parts, etc.) to try and find a good match but I had no luck.  Finally, I took an original interior kick panel to my local PPG store and had them scan the back side.  They came up with a GM interior color that may not be exact but it is extremely close.  The photo of the can below shows the paint code.  The spot in the middle of the kick panel photo below is where I got a little paint on my finger and dabbed it on the panel to check the match. 

Hope this helps.

EV2RTSE

Wow that is a nice match, I'd definitely be happy with that. Those colors for the door panels, console, etc. were originally molded in rather than dyed so you won't find an actual listing for a color for them, I don't think.  "Puma Tan" is what was used for things like the dash frame, and seat hinge covers,  and also "Autumn Tan" for the headliner & rear windshield moldings, if you really want to be picky.  :bricks:

PlumCrazyRTSE

Great info on the other interior colors EV2RTS, thanks.  Yeah, I got my suede dash lacquer paint from Instrument-Specialties.  Only wish I could have located the right color of SE headliner material.  I've got something that's okay but I'm not just not real happy with it.

One of my friends, who's a ford guy, told me just paint your interior any tan color, no one will ever know the difference.  I said; well I would.  This past weekend at the mopar nationals, I was looking at a 70 Cuda interior.  As I'm leaned over looking in the drivers window another guy comes up right next to me and looks in also.  He says; wow that looks like an original interior.  I said; nope, this should be tan not brown.

autoxcuda

Quote from: Brads70 on August 14, 2018, 12:00:55 PM
What year?

I didn't know that, learned something new.   :slapme5:  I've bought a tan B-Body ( Charger) console before are they a different tan again?  :notsure:

The interior color shade is "T7" for 1971 B and E bodies

The interior color shade is "T5" for 1970 E

The higher the number the darker the shade.
Same for exterior paint... B3 is lighter than B5. B7 is darker that both those.

71 B and E bodies same color light chocolate console.

71 Challenger:

71 Charger

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Brads70

Quote from: autoxcuda on August 14, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on August 14, 2018, 12:00:55 PM
What year?

The interior color shade is "T7" for 1971 B and E bodies

The interior color shade is "T5" for 1970 E

71 B and E bodies same color light chocolate console.

71 Challenger:

71 Charger

Cool Thanks for the education. Console wasn't for me but Hemiken from cc.com days had me drive a couple hours to pickup that tan console for him a few years back.

autoxcuda

For a 70 ebody tan interior there are many shades.  Same for 71 darker tan.

Almost every material type is a different shade: abs plastic, soft trim (dash pad, arm rest), metal

F8RT

Thanks for all the responses to my question. Mine is a 1970 Challenger EF8 dark green exterior with antique green vinyl top. That seems to be my problem is 1970 was a lighter color. The rear package tray shelf I got from Legendary 656 is darker than any of the original but they say that is what car had.  My seat cover I got from them are a couple of color and look kinda of marbled. My originals were all one color. The pictures are my seat covers and then the sun visor but it is under different light. Does that look right to you guys? I know there were different colors and textures in the original but all were a single color. I have had the car for 43 years so I know it was stock.

autoxcuda

The 70 T/A was restored locally by Troy Bray from a 40K mile car. Still had crack in dash and driver seat ripped.

He matched hard plastic parts by buying several close spray can colors. Then test spraying tiger stripes around the A-pillar moldings revealing the unexposed backside.

That T/A has the same Legendary seat skins you have.

Your sun visor looks a little marbled too. But just a little.