Main Menu

Trunk floor mat

Started by GCragtop, August 16, 2017, 03:57:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GCragtop

Is there any better quality ones out there than REM?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Shane Kelley

The fabric type one for the 71 seems to be a lot better than the rubber ones for fit. Still not perfect but pretty good overall. I think it's REM also. But not positive.

GCragtop

Thanks for the replies guys, thats what I thought too... My REM looks ugly, about 2" too narrow.

anlauto

Did you get the rolled rubber one or the folded up felt backed one ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shane Kelley

Quote from: GCragtop on August 16, 2017, 07:08:55 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, thats what I thought too... My REM looks ugly, about 2" too narrow.
That's exactly how the rubber one fit in my Cuda 

GCragtop

GCragtop

Quote from: anlauto on August 16, 2017, 07:18:31 AM
Does the folded up one fit better?

Shane Kelley

Quote from: GCragtop on August 16, 2017, 11:26:27 PM
Yes. It's not perfect but a whole lot better than the rubber one.

GCragtop

Quote from: Shane Kelley on August 17, 2017, 03:14:29 AM
Quote from: GCragtop on August 16, 2017, 11:26:27 PM
Yes. It's not perfect but a whole lot better than the rubber one.
Ok, thanks for the info. Got my rubber one from Dante, I´ll ask if he has other one too.
Do you have any part number?

anlauto

I don't share that same opinion.... :alan2cents: I think the rolled rubber ones are the best available

Aar1064

Quote from: anlauto on August 17, 2017, 04:19:35 AM
I don't share that same opinion.... :alan2cents: I think the rolled rubber ones are the best available
:iagree:

Floyd

Check with Jim at DMT.  I think he was looking into doing a higher quality reproduction.

69BFan

If you should have your original trunk mat, I have purchased the rubber trunk mat material from REM uncut so that you can cut your own out.  This way, you will be able to address any issues yourself with the fit of the mat. 
I do not know about the E-Body applications, but through the years we have discovered that the inner braces on the 68 and 69 Super Bee / Coronet and Road Runner varies with no rhyme or reason.  REM now offers the four different variations, but the car owners have no ideal on which configuration they have in their car.  They purchase the mat and it does not fit and then they are upset thinking that it is another poor fitting product as many vendors do not what is available.
I have sold the ACC and REM mats and they are basically very equal.  ACC has more of the formed mats for the earlier cars.  As for as the rubber vs the vinyl mats, I do not understand why anyone would purchase the vinyl mats.  I have seen the vinyl mats selling for what I retail the rubber mats at.  They are no comparison of the two.
I would like to see a more correct mat, but do not see anything coming available.  The cost of the dies, printing and material will never at this point offset the investment.  With each month, we continue to see reproduction parts being dropped simply because the demand is decreasing. 
Also, has anyone seen the newer glove box material from REM.  It is a plastic coated material which will probably hold up better, but looks nothing like the original material.  Like I tell people, just because you see it today, does not mean that it will be available tomorrow.

www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.