Main Menu

Tuff Wheel install

Started by Rosco234, January 20, 2021, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rosco234

I recently purchased a tuff wheel from PG classic. I'm looking to swap out my existing repop 3 spoke faux wood wheel. The Tuff wheel did not come with a horn button. Does anyone know if I can use the horn button from my current steering wheel? Also, any tips for the install would be appreciated. This is what my current wheel looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawge

I believe it does fit.  Another option is @Mickm 's custom horn button.  Fits and looks great.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/nupar-horn-button-for-tuff-wheel/7994/

Be aware the PG Classic wheel uses metric threads.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

anlauto

The horn switch is the same, the center cap is different obviously, and also, as mentioned, the threads in you new steering wheel for the tiny horn switch screws are different...try the screws and you'll likely snap them off...ask me how I know :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rosco234

Quote from: anlauto on January 20, 2021, 06:23:16 PM
The horn switch is the same, the center cap is different obviously, and also, as mentioned, the threads in you new steering wheel for the tiny horn switch screws are different...try the screws and you'll likely snap them off...ask me how I know :headbang:
So i need to find a different center cap?  Any suggestions on where to find one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

72-4 E-body standard steering wheels.
Sheldon