Main Menu

Weather stripping on doors

Started by Shoooter, August 11, 2019, 01:22:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I cant seem to figure out how the weather stripping goes onto the doors. It says you need adhesive between the clips? Also do the pieces that screw to the door use adhesive along with the screws?

anlauto

Did you buy Metro brand on a purple cardboard, or some other brand ?
I use zero glue on door weather-strips  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

I have never used adhesive on the door weather strip. You just push the clips all the way in the holes ( ( they don't clip on they go all the way in) around the door. Just the ends screw on.

Shoooter

These are soff seal. I'm wondering about these ends. Does anyone have a picture of how the ends go.

anlauto

There's a left and a right obviously, and the end with the three screws holes only fits the door one way, so that's how you will determine which is which...unless of course they're marked with a L or R  :haha: Look at the front of your door and you'll see the three screw holes
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

Thanks alan, does the end of the weather stripping tuck under the single piece of just butt up. Thanks again guys

anlauto

Tucks under that end car piece...That piece takes another four screws, seven total. :alan2cents:

anlauto

In my opinion, this is the best reproduction brand that has giving me the least amount of problems...

anlauto

Oops...that was not meant to scare you if you didn't buy that brand...I'm sure you'll have no issues with what you have. :twothumbsup:

Shoooter

Well I figured it out. I was confused cause the pieces said left and right, but them ment left and right side of door not matches set for the side ofthe car. A left and right were required per door.

Another question , should the door felts be on first? And should the guides on the inside be touching the door ever so slightly?

Shoooter

Can you adjust the up stops once it's all in?