Main Menu

What goes here under the dash?

Started by ClarkWGrizwald, August 13, 2019, 12:28:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ClarkWGrizwald

The hole on the underside of the dash just to the right of the radio.... I can feel something up there ... Anyone know what is supposed to be there?
Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

70 Challenger Lover

Reset knob for the clock which was optional.

ClarkWGrizwald

I have a clock.....so I'll need to source one of those!
Thanks!!

70 Challenger Lover

I have heard that the reset stem and knob is very difficult to find.

gzig5

let me know if you find a source.  Mine is missing too.  But, my 73 has a steel tube sticking through that hole that I don't see in that pic.  difference in model year?

Jay Bee

From what I can remember when I had them, the actual reset shaft goes inside the "steel tube".

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Jay Bee on August 13, 2019, 07:42:48 AM
From what I can remember when I had them, the actual reset shaft goes inside the "steel tube".

Yup, and if your lucky the stem is still in the tube so all you need is the knob & nut which are the same as Rally dash knobs & are available as reproduction parts...

ClarkWGrizwald

Well i was hoping for an easy year 1 order....so much for that!  I have a brand new NOS clock so I'll have to see if i can engineer a solution and order some gears and fab up something.

bcudachris

I got a stem and tube from one of the instrument restoration shops.  It isn't the correct one, but works.  Instrument Specialties maybe.  Was a bit pricy.  Mr. Heaterbox (google search) might have them.