Main Menu

What goes here?

Started by Tifosi, October 29, 2021, 12:42:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Tifosi

What does this hole in the light bar do?  And is something supposed to be here? 

And while I am at it, can you tell me about this square?  It was sitting in the glove box.  :notsure:

Thanks!

anlauto

If you have the A01 light package, that open square is for a flood lamp that mounts in that corner.

The square tube goes between the speedometer the the cluster housing on a rally dash, to direct the light on the high beam indicator.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

I'll be following as my 70 RT rallye dash is apart right now and unfortunately I wasn't the one that pulled it, but the guy that did was very methodical. Original harness is still in the dash frame on the rebuild bench. My piece looks like yours and the harness doesn't show a square plug for that hole, but he put the silver screw back in the hole as was his habit thankfully, so I'm guessing it's a lamp socket that screws in for the headlight and wiper switch area. Still digging. I'll be back.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Tifosi

Ah, so if I do not have the A01 light package, then I guess that I just don't worry about this hole.

And I do have a rally dash, so now I know where this square tube goes, thanks!

anlauto

YES, without A01 that hole just remains empty. :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration