Main Menu

Window crank plugs ?

Started by anlauto, September 07, 2020, 05:56:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Two questions for those of you with fixed rear window coupe versions of our beloved E Bodies....

Are these plugs correct being "chrome" ?

Are they hard to find ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

garrett007

Mine are chrome.  I think I just ordered some replacements through Grainger catalog.  They appeared to be the exact same thing.
70' Challenger - running

anlauto

My buddy has the above pair and was just wondering if it was a Home Depot item, or some crazy rare sought after part...

He's going to EBay them and see where it goes.. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

69BFan

Alan,
The '65 and earlier cars used a similar plug for the door frame plugs and starting in '66, they went to the plastic body plugs.  I have no ideal on what was the factory style plug in that situation for the E-Body door panels, but for the nickel plated covers as you have posted, we sell them at 60 cents each.  So it is not one of those impossible to find pieces unless it is some odd size that is currently not available through vendors like CaPlug, Auveco, Grainger, etc.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

YYZ

Some of the E-body A93 cars have a textured plastic plug that matches the door panels -- those would be the rare version.

AFAIK the chrome ones are just a standard metal knockout plug.

anlauto

Thanks for the additional information....I told my friend Glenn not to get his hopes up  :bigmoney:

malem2us

I have been searching all day and I find all sorts of nickel and steel but nothing chromed over at one and a half inches that we need for our Challenger deputy models with the rear window crank delete my factory ones that I pulled out and this is a 200 car are actual chrome but they have rusted through so I need them either re-chromed or I need to replace them and I've scoured the Internet and I have found nothing that has a chrome finish

69BFan

Auveco offers a nickel plated, chrome appearing, 1.5 inch metal button plug under part number 10232.  A box of them is 10.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

malem2us

Thank you I will look them up now unfortunately the nickel plated ones will not work. I found them in Hillman and in a generic brand also and they are a matte finish which is not correct for the deputy in 1971. So I'm going to simply take these over to Art brass in Seattle, and have them stripped and re-chromed.

MoparCarGuy

6PKRTSE

I had a 198 cu in slant six with no options 71 Challenger that had these rear window block off plugs. Mine were the black plastic textured plugs.