Main Menu

window felt installation question

Started by Dynamo, July 27, 2020, 09:42:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dynamo

I picked up a set of Repops window felts a while back at a car show. The outer pieces fit quite well but the inner felts aren't easy to go on at all. Is there a trick to get theses on that I have missed? I can get them started but that's as far as I get. Considering if I should just buy a different set.

anlauto

The door panel ones are a tight press fit, but something looks odd about those... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

That is the old style of inner felts that were used prior to the more correct inner felt material being developed.  It is a hard rubber lip to mimic the gap that has an interference fit to the door panel.  The original style used a "U-Shaped" channel that slipped up onto the panel.   It will work, but you may find that you will need to apply a couple of drops of trim adhesive to hold them in place.  Are you using original door panels or reproduction panels?
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Dynamo

Thanks for the help. Yes I have original panels front & rear. The rear felts look original so I know what they should look like. Will give these another try but they may end up in the trash if I run out of patience.

ricmunzy

Yea those repop inners suck- they have those white spacers and pop rivits right? threw away the only set i ever bought- find a used set or nos..