Main Menu

Window guides

Started by Shoooter, January 13, 2019, 03:00:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

Are the window guides different from challenger to a cuda? I have two sets and I know some are cuda but I'm not sure how to tell them apart. Any help?  I'll clean them up and order new rubbers.

anlauto

What you have in that picture is one complete set of guides and one complete set of up stops and two extra guides. All correct for Cuda or Challenger
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

Thanks allan. I have marked them with numbers . I'm guessing the number 3 are my extra ones? One of each of the other ones per door? The number 4s are curved under the felt not like the numbers 1 and 2.  Those ones mount differently.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!

Shoooter

Forgot to add the picture

anlauto

#3 The four of these are up-stops ....two per door.
#1 and #2 are the window guides....two per door. The only reason all four are not identical is likely do to different years, but they all work the same no worries there.

#4 are extra
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Actually # 1 and #4 are the same, but due to the condition of #4 I would just use #2

Shoooter

70rtse

Does any one have any pictures of were all these go and how to install the bottom big rubber.
should I put these in before I install the glass tracks
should I put my door handles on before I put glass in

thanks guys

Shoooter

Since I already have this thread going I though I would add to it. I'm missing the window channel guides and have to buy a set. Do all 71 cudas have the rear channel guide with the fuzzys on the rear of the back quarters? I know 70s have them. My car is a very very late build 71 and they isnt any lower clip for them to go into. Original wheel wells so they wernt cut out. Do I need these or am I ok to run them as it's been like this for almost 50 yrs. I only have the rear quarters installed and the outer felts si once the interior panels are in it should keep them straight? Any thoughts as a member has some forsale.

anlauto

Those were eliminated some time during the 1971 model year. They really are unless and you won't "NEED" to use them. :alan2cents:

Shoooter

Do the felt ones touch the inside of the glass? I cant seem to back them off enough to have a space

anlauto

Yes they should rub against the glass, not hard, but not lose either. :alan2cents: