Main Menu

Woodgrain

Started by amthoma, May 16, 2020, 08:36:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

amthoma

Looking to do something different for my interior.  Does anyone sell real wood for the rallye cluster and console?

JS29

70 Challenger Lover

I'm not a fan of the fake wood grain look either. My Barracuda came with the black wheel instead of wood grain and I like it better. I had an extra and put it on my RT when I posted it for sale.

I've seen other decals for the center console plate but just not sure.

dylo

I just re-did my standard cluster using the hydro-dipping painting technique. It took me ages to master, but im very happy with this over the green looking, faded, original plate on my '70.

Im doing the console plate next which will be a touch more challenging as it has the bright outline.

cudamadd

Very nice job on your dash .fellow Ozie  . Were are you from mate ? Any photos of your car and it's a rag top awesome   :cheers: :australia:

dylo

Yep another Aussie here. :cheers: Seems like there are a fair few in Melbourne. Im in ACT and have been busy re-doing the interior on my '70 convertible.

Picture of when i picked it up...

cudamadd

I have some spare parts if you need them down track . The car looks  great  .  What are your plans with the car factory style resto mod etc etc.? The grand coupe convertible I think is a very hard car to find ,if you have time could tell us a little about it .Have you been a mopar fan for a long time ?  Not many convertibles here in Victoria  I only know of 4 barracuda,cuda soft tops here .but there are plenty of coupes here .over 12 challenger soft tops here ,good stuff the more I say the better it is as I see it because the more cars get saved cheers

Mr Lee

Quote from: dylo on May 26, 2020, 10:25:17 PM
I just re-did my standard cluster using the hydro-dipping painting technique. It took me ages to master, but im very happy with this over the green looking, faded, original plate on my '70.

Im doing the console plate next which will be a touch more challenging as it has the bright outline.
That looks really nice.  Impressive. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Wedg2Go

Around the latter part of last year I was considering stripping the woodgrain from the instrument panels and door panels. The next step was to have all of it professionally painted the same color as the car (Sunburst Orange Pearl). The only thing that is stopping me is the woodgrain, rim blow steering wheel. Too busy to have all of that going on for any interior and buying into another steering wheel is out of the question.

BTW - In my mind, that is another allowable off the beaten path of originality. Yes! It's a modification, but on my car what isn't?

70/6chall

About 20 years ago I faced what to do with my SE wood grained instrument fascia. I also had the rim blow steering wheel. Back then the dealerships were selling the wood sided PT Cruisers and mini-vans. I had always liked the color of wood tone used on these vehicles and since my dash fascia and door inserts had seen better days. I ran into a supplier that supplied the dealerships with the high grade 3M vinyl wood covering. A little pricey for enough to do what I had to do, but.......
The color is a rich looking cherry oak, I cut templates and hand cut the pieces to be applied. When I was done I liked it, compliments the Go-Mango exterior paint. As for the steering wheel traded out for a Tuff-wheel which I had sport wrapped in black leather with orange stitching another complimenting feature. Thanks,   Al

CudaMoparRay

Indeed all options are very nice :twothumbsup:

Burdar

Detroit Muscle Technologies sells carbon fiber vinyl kits for the dash, doors and console.  If you have never seen the carbon fiber vinyl in person, it's very convincing.  It's not just a smooth vinyl with a painted carbon fiber look like it used to be.  Now its actually textured and really looks like carbon fiber when the light hits it.

Katfish

I did the CF overlays and love the way they look.
Wasn't a fan of the faded wood grain look.

dylo

Quote from: cudamadd on May 26, 2020, 11:40:00 PM
I have some spare parts if you need them down track . The car looks  great  .  What are your plans with the car factory style resto mod etc etc.? The grand coupe convertible I think is a very hard car to find ,if you have time could tell us a little about it .Have you been a mopar fan for a long time ?  Not many convertibles here in Victoria  I only know of 4 barracuda,cuda soft tops here .but there are plenty of coupes here .over 12 challenger soft tops here ,good stuff the more I say the better it is as I see it because the more cars get saved cheers

CUDAMADD     I have sent you a private message...