Main Menu

Wrong package tray?

Started by Mrbill426, April 10, 2022, 11:52:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

I bought a package tray several years ago so I am stuck with it, but on installing it I now realize that the ends are cut off square just outboard of the rear speaker grills; the ends don't extend out to where the sail panels will be  :huh.  Is there another "kit" I need to extend the package all the way across, am I missing something?  :clueless:

anlauto

Sounds normal....the interior panel covers that. You should have jute pad under the package tray that covers those corners too :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

@anlauto  there is a thick insulating board under the tray that goes all the way across.  Are you referring to the "plastic" interior colored rear side panels that cover the rear window regulators??
  I am not to a point of installing those.  If that is the case I guess I am good to go.

Quote from: anlauto on April 10, 2022, 12:11:50 PM
Sounds normal....the interior panel covers that. You should have jute pad under the package tray that covers those corners too :twothumbsup:

anlauto

YES the rear interior panels cover those corners...
I just pulled this from a 70 Cuda a few days ago...(creative speaker holes) :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

@anlauto thanks, got it  :bigthumb: thanks!
Yeah pretty creative... bet it sounded great  :))

Quote from: anlauto on April 10, 2022, 12:41:10 PM
YES the rear interior panels cover those corners...
I just pulled this from a 70 Cuda a few days ago...(creative speaker holes) :rofl: