Main Menu

392 Hemi Decal

Started by 303 Mopar, May 09, 2017, 06:59:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

My '70 Barracuda has a 2016 392 Hemi and I was tossing around the idea of some kind of call out decal or emblem.  It has an AAR hood, wing, front spoilers, and road lamps but that's about it for an AAR.  The side exhaust tips are being replaced with 3" Boom Tubes so even they are gone.  I would like your opinions, good/bad/in-different, as to replacing the AAR decal with a 392 type decal or just leave the CUDA by itself or something else. 

anlauto

I like the idea...
Two thoughts: :thinking:

Scale it down a little to match the "Cuda size"

Reverse the colours and add stars to better emulate the AAR crest.

Make the 392 Hemi a crest too

Oops that three
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

I agree a HEMI 392 crest to replace the AAR one - but better than this one  :cheers:

ec_co

I like the thought of using the AAR shield design, but only replacing AAR with 392 in the same font
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Here's my 2 pennies...   :alan2cents:

303 Mopar

That looks great with the crest.  Thanks for your help on this! 

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 09, 2017, 11:11:42 AM
Here's my 2 pennies...   :alan2cents:

Oh man @Cuda Cody that's fricking awesome    :worship:  :ohyeah: Some serious skill there....That's exactly what I was thinking !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

CudaMoparRay

Excellent ideas for those of us who want to use the unique AAR side stripes with the Cuda but with the replacement of the area after the Cuda to denote our particular customization and car.

Spikedog08

WOW Cody, that would of taken me two days or more to make that and get it in the picture!  What program did you use? 

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

It's a pretty cheap program called CorelDraw.  I've been using that program since version 3 in 1992.  So I know my way around in it as well as can be expected.   Takes a lot to get comfortable with it, but once we know where everything is it's pretty powerful for the money they charge for it.  I also have Adobe Illustrator, but it's less powerful as one single program and you'll need the Adobe suite to really get the most out of it.

As for CorelDraw.  They are on version 18 (X8) right now and I don't like it much at all.  It's buggy if you push the limits if what it can do.  I have every version of it they made, but my favorites are Version 6, 7, 9, 13 and 16.  10 was really bad, 15 sucked and 18 is down right a memory pig.  If you want to get a copy of it, buy the older version of 16 (X6) and it should do most of what you want.  The only draw back is bringing in newer files.  I use 18 (X8) to import some of the new files then back save to 16 (X6) so I can work in the platform I know works faster.

Or, just ask me for help when you need it.   :bigthumb:   :wave:

Quote from: Spikedog08 on May 10, 2017, 06:21:51 AM
What program did you use?

dave73

I like the 392 in the AAR crest

I use paint.net software, it's freeware and not half bad. Has a lot of photoshop like qualities.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Holy poop Cody!! That looks great! I'm hitting you up when I'm ready for my custom AAR stripe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

303 Mopar

Just had this put on today....

Cuda Cody

Looks fantastic!!!!   :twothumbsup:

anlauto