Main Menu

Gen 3 Hemi Exhaust Question

Started by anlauto, December 01, 2020, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

When you buy a crate 392 Hemi it comes with factory exhaust manifolds. Why do people sway headers on to them, do they NOT fit in an E-Body ? Even if you use an aftermarket front coil over suspension ?

Does TTI make a headpipe for the factory manifolds ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

74-5.7

The manifolds fit fine, at least some of them do. I used a 2004 Durango manifold on the driver side and a jeep grand Cherokee manifold on the passenger side with my 5.7. the 392 should be the same external dimensions maybe the manifold exit dumps in the wrong area?? otherwise maybe the reason for headers is the extra HP.  :notsure:

JpRngr

I used headers on mine cause they were made for the swap. I tried using the manifolds I had, but they weren't close to fitting. I found it easier to spend the money once for something that fit, as opposed to trying to figure out a mismatch of factory stuff that might fit.

Corey

RacerX

This is from a Jeep Commander....  this is pretty much your only option for OEM manifolds that will fit.

Not the greatest from a performance standpoint, but if you don't want to mess with headers these get you there...

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: RacerX on December 06, 2020, 07:57:44 PM
This is from a Jeep Commander....  this is pretty much your only option for OEM manifolds that will fit.

Not the greatest from a performance standpoint, but if you don't want to mess with headers these get you there...
A 392 will need the 2009 and up Gran Cherokee manifolds, as they have the proper exhaust port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: RacerX on December 06, 2020, 07:57:44 PM

A 392 will need the 2009 and up Gran Cherokee manifolds, as they have the proper exhaust port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!