Main Menu

Hellcat swap question

Started by Yeya93, August 16, 2021, 07:21:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

l have the opportunity to a good deal on a hellcat donor. Am I able to use the transmission the donor comes with? does it matter if it comes with automatic or manual as far as fitment and a more feasible transition? Basically, I dont mind putting in a stock hellcat engine and transmission, I just do not know if that is possible, or if I need purchase a different transmission to make it work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JpRngr

You definitely can use the stock Hellcat transmission. Manual or automatic is your choice. Not sure on manual transmission, but the auto will require tunnel work. I believe USCT has a tunnel kit. I put a 6.1 and NAG1 in mine and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I, also, wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to a Hellcat and corresponding 8 speed automatic if I found one I could afford, even if it meant cutting the tunnel now.

70vert

Not an expert but just saw an article in the latest Mopar Collector's Guide magazine highlighting Gen III Hemi Swap motor mounts and transmission crossmember. They are made by Hooker Blackheart and sold thru Holley. They look pretty slick.

It says "the crossmember allows the installation of TorqueFlite, NAG1 5-speed, 8HP70/8 HP90 8-speed auto, or the Tremec TKX. No cutting or drilling necessary, just bolt it in to stock location". Worth checking out.

Yeya93

thanks fellas. i am getting this hellcat engine. but have a choice between auto or manual. the fabrication aspect was my next question.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Chryco Psycho

If you use the T56 Mag or the T 6060 they will not fit without tunnel mods , I would go manual of course !