Main Menu

Hellcrate announced

Started by 303 Mopar, October 30, 2017, 06:57:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

At SEMA 2017 Mopar is announcing the 6.2L Hellcrate. Much like the 6.4 and 6.1, Mopar can supply everything to swap a Hellcat engine into a classic.

MoparJunkie

:worship: :takemymoney:

Very cool, I was waiting for Mopar to do this! That would be a fun swap for sure!

FSHTAIL

Price projection?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

ec_co

but Dan .... you just finished the 392 swap ... are you considering the next level already?  :burnout:  :stayinlane:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Roadman

Quote from: ec_co on October 30, 2017, 07:45:37 AM
but Dan .... you just finished the 392 swap ... are you considering the next level already?  :burnout:  :stayinlane:

Maybe the Charger ?  Or the vert ?   :notsure:

303 Mopar

Quote from: Roadman on October 30, 2017, 07:50:10 AM
Quote from: ec_co on October 30, 2017, 07:45:37 AM

Maybe the Charger ?  Or the vert ?   :notsure:

That would be sweet in the Charger! Then put the 505 in the vert.  :banana:   :takemymoney:

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on October 30, 2017, 07:36:50 AM
Price projection?

In the first pic it lists the prices, close to $23k for engine, harness, and pullies.  Then you need all the essentials (EFI fuel system, headers/exhaust, radiator, etc) so you'll be close $27-30k by the time its done.  But maybe @MoparDave can give us a discount... :takemymoney:

Chryco Psycho

I would probably swap the Hell  crate into the Cuda & swap the 392 into the vert & leave the Charger Alone  :alan2cents:

MoparDave

In Typical mopar fashion the moparhemicrate.com redirects you to mopar.com which has NO info on these kits. Holding out for the SEMA release it seams. And it wont be published to the dealers in normal communications. SO thanks to 303 for posting that.

Currently on major restriction but Anyone interested in pricing pm me or email me direct. they show 159 engines in stock
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

Quote from: MoparDave on October 30, 2017, 08:54:09 AM
In Typical mopar fashion the moparhemicrate.com redirects you to mopar.com which has NO info on these kits. Holding out for the SEMA release it seams. And it wont be published to the dealers in normal communications. SO thanks to 303 for posting that.

Currently on major restriction but Anyone interested in pricing pm me or email me direct. they show 159 engines in stock

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 30, 2017, 08:42:23 AM
I would probably swap the Hell  crate into the Cuda & swap the 392 into the vert & leave the Charger Alone  :alan2cents:

@MoparDave I don't see any direct cold-air intake injection or way of keeping that supercharger cool, just the same filter that's on my 392.

@Chryco Psycho that would be best way to go.

MoparDave

Also lets clarify the Warranty statement that is incorrect. the engine is the only item that will have the 36/unlimited, the other items are standard parts/accessories not power train. those will only have a 24/24.

valid accessory part numbers are
77072452 price is a guestimate as it is UNpriced.
77072492 price is good
77072491 price is incorrect as it is UNpriced.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

MoparDave

Quote from: 303 Mopar on October 30, 2017, 09:01:44 AM
Quote from: MoparDave on October 30, 2017, 08:54:09 AM

@MoparDave I don't see any direct cold-air intake injection or way of keeping that supercharger cool, just the same filter that's on my 392.

@Chryco Psycho that would be best way to go.

303 I have asked my mopar connection that is at sema to ask about this.

Chryco Psycho

While it would be cool to have the Cuda & Charger with the 3rd gen Hemis , I don't think the 505 tq monster is the best idea for a convert so the best fit would be the 392 in the vert IMO  :alan2cents: